It is not even one day since Android Oreo started rolling for Galaxy S8/S8 Plus. Now following the suite, Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2 update is seeding in Vietnam. Now, this has taken everyone by surprise. It is probably a leak from the official sources in Vietnam. Not much is known as of now about this Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2 update. Apart from OS level step-up to Android Oreo, it also brings Samsung Experience 9.0. It weighs a massive 1.4GB in size. We believe since it’s already rolling, some other S7 Edge device may also get this update.
Android Oreo 8.0 OS brings features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more. Here you can check the Top 10 features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
Galaxy S7 Edge is a single SIM flagship smartphone from Samsung. It was launched in February 2016. The phone comes with a 5.5-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2560 pixels. It runs on 1.6 GHz octa-core Snapdragon processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 32 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S7 Edge brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel front face camera.
Download Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2
Your device will automatically capture the OTA as it becomes available. Otherwise, you can manually go to the device Settings > System Update > Check for updates. If the OTA is available, check the firmware number and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Here is the active link to download the Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2.
- Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2 | Download OTA
How To Install Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2
- This OTA is exclusively for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Do not use this firmware on other Samsung devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps of Installation
Step-1 First of all download and put the update.zip file onto your SD Card.
Step-2 On your PC download the Odin files linked above. In the zip, you will see six files. In Odin, you will see 5 categories, though you will only use 3.
Step-3 Put your phone into Odin mode by turning it off then holding Power + Volume Down + Bixby button.
Step-4 In Odin, put the corresponding BL, AP, CP, CSC (ignore HOME_CSC), but nothing in UMS.
Step-5 Now hit start. Your phone will flash the new firmware and then reboot to the setup screen.
Step-6 After that, switch off your phone then reboot into recovery by holding Power + Volume Up + Bixby.
Step-7 Use the volume buttons and power to select “apply update from SD card.”
Step-8 Use the volume buttons again to select the update.zip file and the power button to apply it.
Step-9 Wait for sometimes as the firmware installation takes place.
Alternatively, you can install the same update by ADB Sideloading method.
- First of all Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows and Mac and extract it.
- Now move the downloaded OTA zip file to the ADB Folder.
- Enable USB Debugging by Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times
- You will see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder. There Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Reboot your phone to recovery by pressing Volume UP + Power button.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- Now enter the following command in the command window that you open
- This command will show if any device is connected properly. If it doesn’t show, then please check the drivers are installed properly or if the attached cable is damaged.
- If your device is listed, then please type the below command in your command window.
adb sideload File_name.zip
- Wait until installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed and You can Reboot your device.
So, that’s it. go get this latest Galaxy S7 Edge Android Oreo G935FXXU2ERB2 and enjoy Oreo.
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest Oreo-based firmware for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.