Last Updated on February 25, 2018: Added new mirror link to download both G950FXXU1CRB7 /G955FXXU1CRB7 for Galaxy S8 and S8 plus. Check out the download link to enjoy Android 8.0 Oreo.
Finally, the Galaxy S8(plus) stable Android 8.0 oreo G950FXXU1CRB7 and G955FXXU1CRB7 is now rolling. Earlier we reported the G950FXXU1CRAP and G955FXXU1CRAP Oreo Update for Galaxy S8(plus) that was canceled midway. The previous update was not a stable one. Both the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are getting the stable Android 8.0 oreo with Samsung experience 9.0.
It moves the build number of both Galaxy S8 and S8 plus to G950FXXU1CRB7 and G955FXXU1CRB7 respectively. Also, the Galaxy S8(plus) stable Android 8.0 oreo update brings the latest February 2018 security patch. The software weighs in around 530 MB. Beta program participants will be among the first to receive this OTA Oreo update.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Galaxy S8 is a single SIM flagship smartphone from Samsung. It was launched in March 2017. The phone comes with a 5.80-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 2.3 GHz octa-core Snapdragon processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S8 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front face camera.
Galaxy S8+ is a single SIM flagship smartphone from Samsung. It was launched in March 2017. The phone comes with a 6.2-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1440 pixels by 2960 pixels. It runs on 2.3 GHz octa-core Snapdragon processor and 4 GB of RAM. It comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64 GB of expandable internal storage. Galaxy S8+ brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and an 8-megapixel front face camera.
The Galaxy S8(plus) Stable Android 8.0 Oreo update is rolling in the form of airborne OTA update. We have also mentioned the OTA firmware in case you are not fond of waiting for automatic OTA roll. You can install it using our tutorial which is mentioned below.
Download Galaxy S8(plus) Stable Android 8.0 Oreo Update
Your device will automatically capture the OTA as it becomes available. Otherwise, you can manually go to the device Settings > System Update > Check for updates. If the OTA is available, check the firmware number and follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Here is the active link to download the Galaxy S8(plus) Stable Android 8.0 Oreo update.
How To Install Galaxy S8(plus) Stable Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- Your device must run on previous CRAP Firmware
- These OTA are exclusively for Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- Do not use this firmware on other Samsung devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your device while installing this Update.
- Take the complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Steps of Installation
Step-1 First of all download and put the update.zip file onto your SD Card.
Step-2 On your PC download the Odin files linked above. In the zip, you will see six files. In Odin, you will see 5 categories, though you will only use 3.
Step-3 Put your phone into Odin mode by turning it off then holding Power + Volume Down + Bixby button.
Step-4 In Odin, put the corresponding BL, AP, CP, CSC (ignore HOME_CSC), but nothing in UMS.
Step-5 Now hit start. Your phone will flash the new firmware and then reboot to the setup screen.
Step-6 After that, switch off your phone then reboot into recovery by holding Power + Volume Up + Bixby.
Step-7 Use the volume buttons and power to select “apply update from SD card.”
Step-8 Use the volume buttons again to select the update.zip file and the power button to apply it.
Step-9 Wait for sometimes as the firmware installation takes place.
Alternatively, you can install the same update by ADB Sideloading method.
- First of all Download the ADB and Fastboot drivers for Windows and Mac and extract it.
- Now move the downloaded OTA zip file to the ADB Folder.
- Enable USB Debugging by Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times
- You will see a toast message “Developer option enabled”.
- Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- In your PC/Laptop, Open the extracted ADB Folder. There Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Reboot your phone to recovery by pressing Volume UP + Power button.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable.
- Now enter the following command in the command window that you open
- This command will show if any device is connected properly. If it doesn’t show, then please check the drivers are installed properly or if the attached cable is damaged.
- If your device is listed, then please type the below command in your command window.
adb sideload File_name.zip
- Wait until installation process completes.
- Once the installation process is completed and You can Reboot your device.
So, that’s it. Go get this latest Galaxy S8(plus) Stable Android 8.0 Oreo with February 2018 security patch update.
Follow GetDroidTips for all latest stable Oreo-based firmware updates for Samsung Galaxy smartphones.