If you are experiencing a lull in your sleep tracking experience with your Garmin Venu Sq, you are not alone in this struggle. Many users have reported similar issues, but the silver lining is that various ways to troubleshoot and resolve this problem exist.
In this article, we shall stroll through some of the most effective methods to troubleshoot and resolve sleep-tracking issues on your Venu Sq. With these instructions, you can effortlessly fix the problem and regain the accurate sleep tracking you desire. So, without further ado, let us dive into troubleshooting your device.
- Why is my Garmin Venu Sq Not Tracking Sleep?
- Fix Garmin Venu Sq Sleep Tracking Issue
- Fix 1: Disable Battery Saving Mode
- Fix 2: Turn On the Heart Rate Sensor
- Fix 3: Wear your Watch Properly
- Fix 4: Make Sure your Watch is Set as the Preferred Activity Tracker
- Fix 5: Set the Normal Bed Time and Wake Time
- Fix 6: Update your Watch Software
- Fix 7: Update the Garmin Connect App on your Companion Phone
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
Why is my Garmin Venu Sq Not Tracking Sleep?
Before we fix this issue, let us understand the cause(s) behind it. There could be several reasons why your Garmin Venu Sq is not accurately tracking your sleep. However, these are some of the most reasons:
- Battery Saving Mode: This feature can be enabled on the watch to conserve battery life, but it can also prevent the device from accurately tracking your sleep.
- Heart Rate Sensor: The watch uses your heart rate to track your sleep, so if the sensor is not turned on or not functioning correctly, it can affect the accuracy of the sleep tracking.
- Not Wearing the Watch Properly: If you don’t wear the watch correctly, it could result in inaccurate sleep tracking.
- Preferred Activity Tracker: If your watch is not set as the preferred activity tracker on your companion phone, it may not be able to track your sleep properly.
- Outdated Software: If the watch’s software is outdated, it may not be able to track your sleep properly.
- Outdated Garmin Connect App: The watch uses the Garmin Connect app on your companion phone to sync data and track your sleep. If the app is outdated, it may not track your sleep accurately.
Fix Garmin Venu Sq Sleep Tracking Issue
Now that you know the causes, here are some solutions for fixing the problem of the Garmin Venu Sq not accurately tracking sleep:
Fix 1: Disable Battery Saving Mode
The battery-saving mode can interfere with the sleep-tracking feature of your Garmin Venu Sq. To fix this, you need to disable the battery-saver mode during sleep. Here’s how:
- Go to the main menu on your watch.
- Tap Power Manager > Battery Saver.
- Tap the toggle next to “During sleep” to turn it off.
- This will ensure that the watch can accurately track your sleep at night.
Fix 2: Turn On the Heart Rate Sensor
The heart rate sensor is necessary for tracking sleep, so make sure it is turned on. To do this, go to the Settings menu on your watch and select the option to turn on the heart rate sensor. Also, make sure to wear your watch for 2 hours before going to bed.
Fix 3: Wear your Watch Properly
Make sure you are wearing your watch properly for it to track your sleep. Also, ensure that the watch is worn snugly against your skin and that the heart rate sensor is in contact with your skin. To ensure accurate tracking, wear it on your non-dominant wrist while you sleep.
Fix 4: Make Sure your Watch is Set as the Preferred Activity Tracker
Your watch must be the preferred activity tracker to track your sleep. To ensure that your watch is set as the preferred activity tracker, open the Garmin Connect app on your companion phone and go to the settings menu. Then tap Garmin Devices and select your preferred watch for sleep tracking.
Fix 5: Set the Normal Bed Time and Wake Time
Your watch needs to know your normal bedtime and wake time to track your sleep accurately. If you have not set the bedtime and wake time, your watch won’t track your sleep. To fix this, you need to set the normal bed and wake times on the Garmin Connect app. Here’s how:
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your companion phone.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on “Normal Bed Time” and “Normal Wake Time” and enter the correct times.
- This will help the watch to track your sleep accurately.
Fix 6: Update your Watch Software
Make sure that your watch software is up to date for it to track your sleep correctly. Outdated firmware is known to cause issues with the features of smartwatches. So, it’s always a good idea to keep your software up to date.
Fix 7: Update the Garmin Connect App on your Companion Phone
The companion phone’s Garmin Connect App needs to be up to date for it to track your sleep correctly. Updating the Garmin Connect app on your companion phone is a simple process that can be done through the app store on your device.
Before your begin, ensure that you have enough storage space in your phone to update the app. The steps may vary slightly depending on your device and operating system, but generally, it can be done by following these steps:
- Open your device’s app store. This could be the Apple App Store on an iPhone or the Google Play Store on an Android device.
- Use the search bar to locate the Garmin Connect app.
- Once you’ve found the app, tap on the “Update” button next to it. If the app is already up to date, the button will say “Open” instead.
- Wait for the update to download and install. This process may take a few minutes to complete, so be patient.
- Once the update is finished, open the app, and the issue should be resolved.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I track my sleep with the Garmin Venu Sq?
Yes, The Garmin Venu Sq is capable of tracking your sleep as long as it is appropriately set up and worn. By following the steps and fixes mentioned in this guide, you should be able to ensure that your watch is accurately tracking your sleep.
Can I see my sleep history on my Garmin Venu Sq?
Yes, once your watch properly tracks your sleep, you can view your sleep history on your watch itself or by opening the Garmin Connect app on your companion phone.
What happens if my heart rate sensor is not working on my Garmin Venu Sq?
If your heart rate sensor is not working on your Garmin Venu Sq, it may affect the accuracy of your sleep tracking. To ensure accurate sleep tracking, make sure that your heart rate sensor is turned on and functioning properly.
What should I do if the fixes above don’t work?
If you have tried all the fixes above and your watch is still not tracking your sleep accurately, there may be an issue with your device. In this case, you may need to contact Garmin customer support for further assistance.
The Garmin Venu Sq is a powerful smartwatch with many features, including the ability to track your sleep. Despite this, some users have reported issues with the device not accurately tracking their sleep.
However, by understanding the common causes and following the fixes outlined in this article, you should be able to ensure that your watch is properly tracking your sleep and providing you with accurate data. If the fixes don’t work and you still have issues, you should contact a Garmin customer service representative for further assistance.