Origin is your go-to hub for every genre of game that EA has to offer. Available across PC and mobile platforms, the Electronics Art owned gaming distribution platform has a lot in store. These include the Battlefield series, FIFA 20, Need for Speed Payback, Sims 4, Star Wars, and other such highly reputable games. Apart from that, there’s also an option to connect with friends, stream via Twitch and integration with many networking sites like Facebook and Xbox Live, just to name a few.
The store also has a section of user reviews and game ratings, on which many users base their purchasing decisions. However, not everyone has the same taste and it might happen that even after gathering many positive reviews, it might fail to live up to your personal standard. So if you have purchased a game based on what others have to say, but now are lamenting your decision, then worry not.
You could pretty easily ask for a refund on most of the Origin games if you meet their requirements. In this guide, we will list down all the important prerequisites that need to be met in order to get a refund. After that, we will give out the instructions regarding how to get a refund on Origin Games. Let’s begin.
How to Get a Refund on Origin Games
Similar to other game distribution services, EA also gives you an opportunity to return your purchased games. Part of the Great Game Guarantee, you could return the games purchased directly from Origin. And if you meet the refund rules, then you are entitled to a refund.
But what are these rules in the first place? According to the Origin policy, you can make a refund request:
- Within 24 hours after you first launch the game.
- Within 14 days from the day you bought it if you have not launched the game
- Or within 14 days from the release date if you pre-ordered the game if you haven’t launched it yet.
Apart from that, if you have purchased a game within 30 days but are facing technical issues that aren’t within Origin’s control, then these users can request for a refund. In that case, the refund could be done within 72 hours after the first launch of the game (and not the usual 24 hours).
Furthermore, you could only ask twice for a refund on a particular game. You could still go ahead and purchase the game for the third time, but this time, you won’t be able to initiate a refund. Apart from that, the Downloadable Contents (DLC) are also non-refundable. With that said, if you qualify all the above requirements, then here are the steps to ask for a refund on Origin games.
Steps to Follow
- Head over to the Origin website and log in to your account.
- Hover the mouse over to your Account, which is present in the bottom left.
- From the menu that appears, click on the EA Account and Billing option.
- Next up, from the left menu bar, select the Order History option.
- You will now see all the games that you have purchased until now. Click on the plus button to expand the menu.
- If the game is eligible for a return, you will see a Request Refund option under the Status section, click on it.
- In the next menu that appears, you will have to choose the reason for this refund. Select your reason from the “I’m returning this item because” drop-down menu. Then hit Confirm.
- The return request for the said Origin game has been initiated from your end. The support team will act accordingly on this request and will refund the amount if you meet all their requirements.
So with this, we conclude the guide on how to get a refund on Origin games. If you are still facing trouble and or have some issues with respect to the refund amount, kindly get in touch with the Origin Support Team. On that note, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out.