Today editing images is really simple with numerous tools available on the internet. You do not have to be a photoshop pro or a know only Photoshop to edit images. Various other programs can do the job well. Today in this guide, I bring you a GIMP Tutorial. I will tell you how you can change the color of a PNG Image using this tool.
PNG images are mostly used for putting up as logos, featured images, banners, etc. These are quite high-quality lossless pictures. Sometimes designers use the same image to create multiple designs of a logo or multiple color schemes. So, this guide will help you to customize the color of any PNG image. Even if you are not a designer, you can try this out and have fun. I have also put up the download link for GIMP. It’s not an online tool. However, it’s free to download for various platforms such as Windows, macOS, and Linux.
How to Change Color of PNG Image [GIMP Tutorial]
There are several ways by which you can change the color of a PNG image. We will check them out one by one.
First, you need to download GIMP. Here is the official download link.
Using Colorize Feature in GIMP
Now, let’s begin with the GIMP tutorial. It’s pretty simple to do. Here are the steps.
- Open GIMP
- Click File > Open in the menu bar
- browse for your PNG file to open it in the editor.
- Make sure the image is of PNG extension and is transparent.
- Now from the menu bar click Color > Colorize
- When the dialog box opens, click on the Color tab that displays color setup.
- Click on the Color to select from your choice of colors
- Use the scroller and the grid line to select from the available shade of colors.
- Once you finalize a color click on OK.
- Now, to save the new image you customized, click Ctrl+Shift+E on your keyboard to open the Export dialog box.
- Give a name to your file and click Export.
Change Color of Image Using Fill Tool in GIMP
Using the above steps open a PNG image on GIMP.
- Once the image is open in the editor on the right-hand side you should see it in the layer dock
- Right-click on the image’s layer dock > from the menu select Alpha to Selection
- This will select the outline of your PNG image so that it will fill the region within that outline with the color of your choice.
- On the left-hand side, you should see a foreground color and background color setup.
- Select a color by clicking on the foreground color section.
- Then on the menu bar select Edit > Fill with FG Color
- I selected the blue color so you can see the resultant color of the image is blue
Once finished you can save the resulting image by using the shortcut Shift +Ctrl+S.
Tutorial to Insert Mulitple Colors on a PNG Image in GIMP
The above two methods enable us to add only one single color to an image. Now, I will tell you how to add multiple colors to a PNG image. The process is entirely similar to that of using the bucket fill tool we did above. However, as we will add multiple colors, we will have to do it separately for various sections of the same image.
- Launch GIMP
- Use Ctrl + O to select and open your image.
- Like the previous method, right-click on the layer dock and select Alpha to Selection
- Select a foreground color
- Click on the bucket fill tool icon
- Select the portion of the image by clicking where you wish to use that color.
- Again repeat the process by selecting a foreground color for the remaining section of the image and using the bucket fill tool icon to fill color in that section.
- Once finished you can save the image.
So, this was all about the GIMP tutorial to change image color on a PNG image using various techniques. Try it out and have fun.
- How to Share Smartphone Screen on Google Meet
- Download Netflix MOD APK 7.61.0 Premium Unlocked Version
- CyberPunk 2077 Stock Wallpaper for Desktop and Smartphone