It is remarkable how well the Google Pixel 8 phones work regarding software and hardware. Although they don’t seem to be flawless, they are just like any other smartphone. It is possible to have problems with your Pixel 8 phones as well. It has been reported that many Pixel 8 and 8 Pro owners cannot turn on their phones. Fortunately, you have a few options. Here’s how to fix Google Pixel 8 not turning on.
How to Fix Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Won’t Turn on Issue
Here are some fixes that will help you resolve the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro won’t turn on the issue:
Fix 1: Force Restart
Force restarting should work if you cannot start your Google Pixel 8 by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds. Using this method, you can resolve small software problems that prevent a normal boot. For a force-restart, hold down the power button and the Volume up button for at least 10 seconds. You need to stop pressing the buttons when you see the Google logo.
Fix 2: Boot to Safe Mode
There is a possibility that a malfunctioning third-party app or piece of software is causing the problem. However, only a few apps can run in safe mode on your phone when it is booted up. In safe mode, no third-party programs are active. This method is the best way to determine if a third-party app is causing the problem.
- You can start your device by pressing and holding the Power button after turning it off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down button after you see the Google logo.
- Hold down the button until you enter Safe Mode.
Fix 3: Charge your Google Pixel
Your Pixel phone may have run out of battery, so it won’t turn on. The Pixel 8 abd 8 Pro phone should be charged for at least 30 minutes more if it does not turn on after charging for at least 30 minutes.
- Ensure that the power adapter is plugged into an electrical outlet that works.
- It is necessary to use a USB-C charging cable compatible with the Google Pixel to charge it.
- If you use your phone for the first time, make sure it is plugged in for at least 30 minutes.
Before charging the phone, make sure the charger and outlet you’re using are both working.
In the case of a fully discharged battery, a red light indicates the device is connected to its charger. When you are done using your phone, press and hold the power button, then tap Restart after you have been using it for 30 minutes. You should follow these instructions whenever you see an Android robot with an arrow around it and the word start.
- Press the volume-down button to turn off the device.
- When the power button is pressed, select Power off.
- If you plan to use your phone for more than 30 minutes, ensure it is fully charged.
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds.
- Holding down the power button for about 30 seconds will restart your phone if you tap Restart on the screen.
Fix 4: Try using a different cable and charger.
In case there are any issues with the charger or USB cable you used, try using a different one at home or at work. You can try pressing and holding the power key for 30 seconds after your phone has been connected to the charger for at least 10 minutes. If you want to test its functionality on a computer, you can also connect it to that computer. After all that, if the device still doesn’t respond, it could be a hardware issue.
Fix 5: Connect Pixel 8 and 8 Pro to Computer
If you have a computer available, you can fix the problem using it.
- Initially, unplug the cable from the charger and plug it into the wall outlet.
- Make sure your computer is powered on and turned on.
- Afterward, connect your phone to the USB port on your computer with the cable that came with your phone.
- It would be best if you waited 10 to 15 minutes.
- You must disconnect and reconnect the cable within 10 seconds.
- Within a minute, you may see a battery icon or red light. When the battery icon appears, the phone is charging and powered off. If the battery shows a red light, it has reached its maximum discharge.
- It is recommended that you spend at least 30 minutes charging your phone.
- You’ll need to hold down the power button for the phone to restart. You can restart by tapping Restart.
Fix 6: Factory Reset Pixel 8 And 8 Pro
If the problem persists, you may need to restore your phone to factory settings and boot into recovery mode. When you access your phone’s firmware in recovery mode, Android’s operating system is disabled. Make a backup copy of your data before starting a factory reset in this mode, as no data will be left on your phone. To factory reset your Pixel device, follow these steps:
- It is necessary to turn off the device.
- Press both the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously to accomplish this.
- You must release both buttons once Fastboot appears and the triangle with an exclamation point appears.
- Hold the power button while pressing the Volume Up button whenever you see the words No Command and an exclamation point.
- After highlighting Wipe data/factory reset, press the Power button.
- To highlight, use the volume keys. When the power button is pressed, then it should be pressed. While you wait, the deletion process will begin.
- When you press the power button and use the volume keys to select Reboot system now, you will be able to see Reboot system now appear.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro won’t turn on issue. We hope you have found this guide helpful and are interested in learning more. Leave a comment below.