In this post, we will help you with a guide to flash firmware using SD card on any ZTE device. Once you have downloaded the stock ROM or the flash file, you can follow the below guide to install the firmware using SD card on any ZTE device. This will also safely flash and update your smartphone’s firmware to the latest one. Moreover, there are two upgrade methods i.e. normal method and the forced upgrade. We will take a look at both the methods and you can choose whichever methods you find comfortable. In this post, we will share with you a guide to flash firmware using SD card on any ZTE device.
The main difference between the normal upgrade method and the forced upgrade method is that if in any case, your device does not start properly or the smartphone does not enter the standby mode then, you need to perform the forced upgrade. However, if your device starts properly and you are able to select the Settings menu then, you need to upgrade your device via the normal method. So, without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself;
Guide to flash Firmware using SD card on any ZTE device
- Visit the below-mentioned website to download the update.zip package file. Make sure to choose the compatible phone model.
- Make sure that your micro SD card has at least 3GB of free space. If not then you need to free up space.
- Now, you need to remove the SIM card, and backup the data and Apps installed on your phone before proceeding with the upgradation method.
- Do not remove the SD card during the update process to avoid any data loss.
- Verify that the update.zip file matches the smartphone model of your device.
- Also, do not change the name or extension of the update.zip file or any of the contents of the upgrade package.
- Charge your ZTE device to at least 50% or more to avoid any data loss or upgrade failure. Also, do not upgrade your device via the SD card while charging your device.
- Do not perform any other procedure or operations during the upgrade process.
- Note that a normal upgrade will take about 10 minutes to complete. Moreover, if your device does not reboot after 10 minutes then, you need to perform the upgrade again. Even after this, your phone would not start then, you need to upgrade your device via the forced upgrade method.
- As the last resort, if your device does not respond to the forced upgrade method then, you need to contact your after-sales service.
Guide to Upgrade ZTE devices
As mentioned above, we will be explaining to you two different upgrade methods i.e. the normal upgrade method and the forced upgrade method. Please follow the below-mentioned steps very carefully to avoid any data loss and upgrade failure;
Method 1: Normal Upgrade (Primary upgrade method)
- Firstly, download the upgrade package from the below link that matches the model number of your compatible ZTE device.
ZTE official Website
- Once you have download the update.zip file, extract the contents of the package file and copy it on the root directory of the SD card.
- Do not change the file name of the upgrade package or the contents. It should be “update.zip“.
- Now, go to File manager>>SD Card and check whether the update.zip file is proper in the SD card.
- Then head to Settings>>System Updates>>Update.
- After around 10-15 seconds, your device will automatically upgrade via the SD card and will install the contents of the update.zip package.
- Once the upgrade is finished, restart your device.
- That’s It!
Method 2: Forced Upgrade (For unresponsive ZTE devices)
- You need to boot your device into the recovery mode.
- To do this, press the Volume Up + Power key together until the phone enters into the recovery mode.
- In this menu, you can navigate via the Volume keys and select an option with the Power button.
- Now, press the Volume Down key to navigate to the Apply update from SD card. Select by pressing the Power button.
- You will notice that the root directory of the SD card will open.
- Now, select the update.zip file with the help of the Volume key and press the Power key to select it.
- This will start the upgrade process on your ZTE device.
- Note that the forced upgrade method will take about 5 minutes to complete the process. It will show you on the screen of your device that “Install from SD card complete“.
- You need to select reboot system now with the help of the Power key.
- That’s It!
Restoring the Data (Optional)
This process of restoring the data is optional and can be done if you have backed up the data of your device before the upgrade process. TO avoid any data loss or failure, do not cancel the restoration process. You can restore the backed up data from the SD card on your device.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys followed the above-mentioned steps carefully and successfully upgraded your ZTE device using any of the above two methods depending on the scenario. Once you are done with the up-gradation, you can head to Settings>>About to check the latest firmware installed on your device. Note that the above method is for any ZTE device and you can choose any of the above two methods to upgrade your ZTE device.
Let us know in the comments if you were successful in upgrading your ZTE device using any of the above two methods and also comment if you found any difficulties while following the instructions above. Until the next post…Cheers!