LG is as usual late in seeding the Android Oreo system upgrade for LG G5 in the UK. Currently, the same update is making the round of the UK for LG G5 (LGH850). The system software comes with the build number H85030A. While many OEMs have already dropped all-new Pie update for their devices, LG is yet to provide the year-old Oreo update. LG is always sluggish when it comes to delivering timely system upgrades.
With that said, it’s pretty much evident that LG G5 will never see the Android Pie in future. But it’s good for the users that they will enjoy the Oreo which brings all the foundational features of the modern Android OS. The latest update packs the August 2018 security patch which is again quite old provided many new vulnerabilities have been identified and squashed by latest Android patches from Google.
Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
Though it is a year old system update from Google it still contributed to a lot of AI-based innovations and user-friendly features which Google introduced. let’s take a look at some of the most popular features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Picture In A Picture
- Notification Dots
- Adaptive Icons
- Notifications Channels
- Keyboard Navigation
- Multi-Display Support
- The app in the Background Limits
- Autofill API
How to Manually Capture the H85030A OTA and upgrade LG G5 to Android 8.0 Oreo
As we said before, the system update for LG G5 is rolling over-the-air in the UK. It should find its way into your device automatically. As usual, it follows a phase distribution manner. However, if the OTA is not showing up you can do the following and capture the OTA on your own.
- Go to Settings > General > About phone
- Tap on Update Center >Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
Well, before downloading the airborne update, make sure that your device has more than 50% of battery charge. Also, as it is a system upgrade, it will be a large file. So, try to connect to a Wi-Fi network and download it. This way you can save carrier data charges.
However, you are not willing to wait for the OTA update to show up for your device, then we have provided you with the firmware as well. You can manually flash it and enjoy the Oreo update on your LG G5.
Download Android 8.0 Oreo H85030A Firmware for LG G5
Here is the firmware download link.
KDZ-File: H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Complete: LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Boot: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Boot.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Bootloader: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Bootloader.zip (MD5)
Flashable ZIP Modem: LG-H85030a-Flashable.Modem.zip (MD5)
Manually Install Android Oreo H85030A Firmware for LG G5
Follow the tutorial below to know how to flash a firmware to complete stock on LG G5. Before getting on with the flashing process, you have to follow a few guidelines. We have listed them below.
- This firmware is exclusively for LG G5. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers.
- Also, download LG UP and LG Flashtool
- Download LG Bridge software.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking of your device while you install this update.
Firmware Flashing Guide
- Do backups! Expect to lose your apps and settings!
- Get the required imgages:
- H85030a_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0910.kdz from above –> store it on your HDD.
- twrp-3.2.3-2-h850.img –> HDD
- Magisk 17.1 ZIP file. Copy it to your G5’s SD card.
- the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip from above –> SD-Card.
- Optional: You can additionally download the MD5 file which is being used by TWRP to verify the ZIP file (simply place it in the same folder like the ZIP).
- As a safety measure, I’d clean upgrade with the stock KDZ first using LG UP. This will replace also recovery to stock. If successful, you can continue.
- Unlock the bootloader (if not already unlocked) as described here with the official bootloader unlock and flash TWRP. TWRP 3.2.3-2 worked for me. Boot into TWRP as described.
- Optional: Do a backup in TWRP.
- Format Data: “Wipe” > “Format Data” > type “yes”. Wipe slider wipe is not enough!
- Go back until you see the TWRP main screen. Then Reboot into Recovery. Don’t start into System!
- Flash / Install the LG-H85030a-Flashable.COMPLETE.zip and Magisk-v17.1.zip without reboot inbetween.
- Reboot to System
So, that’s it, guys. Do not miss this update as it will upgrade your system to Probably this is the last upgrade your LG G5 you will have. So install it and enjoy its features. If you have any queries do let us know.