UMiDIGI A3 Pro smartphone was launched in September 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo. Now you can install the Custom ROM called Havoc OS on UMiDIGI A3 Pro. This custom ROM is based on the Android 10 GSI build. Full Credits to Recognized Developer EdwardM behind AOSP GSI and also Havoc developers.
If you are wondering what is GSI? well, GSI stands for Generic system image. It is a file-system image that you flash to your device’s system partition. It works as a pure Android implementation without any modifications or changes to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code. It can be run on any Android devices running Android 8.1 or higher version due to the Project Treble support.
To install Havoc OS on UMiDIGI A3 Pro, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Havoc OS on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Havoc OS.
UMiDIGI A3 Pro was announced in October 2019 which sports a 6.22-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels with 271 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by 2.5D curved glass screen.
Talking about the specifications, UMiDIGI A3 Pro features a 5.7-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1512 x 720 Pixels. It is powered by MediaTek MT6739, 64-Bit Processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the UMiDIGI A3 Pro comes with a dual 12MP + 5MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 3,300 mAh Lithium-ion With 5V/1A Quick Charge. UMiDIGI A3 Pro also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
Table of Contents
What is Havoc OS?
Havoc OS is a new Custom ROM designed on the base of Lineage OS and brings many new features that may not be present in other Custom made ROM. The ROM brings a System-wide Rounded UI, Spectrum support, Battery Teak features, Status bar tweaks, OmniSwitch and Slim recent option for quick multitasking and many more. To know more read the complete Havoc OS features here.
Android 10 Q is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Download Required Files
- Download the latest UMiDIGI USB Drivers.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on UMiDIGI A3 Pro.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on UMiDIGI A3 Pro. [How to Install]
- Havoc OS zip file: Download
- Download any latest Gapps file:
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools] – Required to Unlock Bootloader and install TWRP Recovery
Steps to Install Havoc OS on UMiDIGI A3 Pro:
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: UMiDIGI A3 Pro
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download the required TWRP file, Havoc OS file, and Supported GApps file from below.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your UMiDIGI A3 Pro Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Havoc OS on UMiDIGI A3 Pro.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Havoc OS on UMiDIGI A3 Pro based on Project Treble GSI images.