If you are using the Houseparty app and wish to change your username, password, or email address, then follow the given instructions. This group video calling app has recently been acquired by the Epic Games, the same company behind the smash-hit game Fortnite. Although it is yet to reach the pinnacle of success, yet is slowly but surely reaching new heights every day. However, online privacy is something that needs to be looked upon with greater focus. It becomes even more so important with this app.
With news and rumors about the possible data hacks and leaks doing around the corner, it is anything but obvious to keep your account safe. The first step towards that is to regularly change your password after a stipulated time period. The reason for the same is from the security point of view. Apart from that, some users also wish to switch over to a different email address or change their username in this app. And if you also wish to change or reset any of these fields in the Houseparty app, then follow the below instructions.
Table of Contents
How to Change Email, Password, and Username in Houseparty
The instructions to change email, password, and username in Houseparty are covered under a separate section, with detailed steps for each one of them. The steps for changing email and username are near about identical in all the three platforms, i.e. Android, iOS, and Chrome. However, for changing passwords, the instructions are somewhat different. So follow the instructions very carefully.
How to Change Email in Houseparty
- Launch the Houseparty app from the screen.
- Tap on the smiley icon from the top left corner of your screen.
- This will open the Friends menu. Click on the Settings gear icon situated at the top left.
- Next up, tap on the Edit Profile and then tap on the Email section, enter the new email address and save it.
- That’s it. You have successfully changed your email address in Houseparty. Now let’s check out the steps to update your username.
How to Change Username in Houseparty
- Open the Houseparty app on your device.
- Tap on the smiley ion located in the top left.
- Now in the Friends menu that appears, tap on the Settings icon from the top left.
- Then tap on the Edit Profile option.
- Finally tap on the Username field, enter your new username and save it.
- With this, you have successfully changed your username as well in Houseparty.
Change Houseparty Password
Let us now turn our attention towards changing of password in Chrome, iOS, and Android for your Houseparty account. Here are the required steps for the same. Furthermore, there is no direct option in Houseparty to change your password. You could make use of the Forgot password option to do so. However, if you are logged in to your account, first log out then follow the below steps:
Change Houseparty Password on iOS
- Log out of your account and head over to the main screen of the app.
- Tap on the I Already Have an Account option.
- In the next screen that appears, select the Forgot Password option.
- Now enter your email address in the provided field and tap on Reset Password.
- You should now receive an email from Houseparty. Open the email and tap on the Reset password link.
- Under the New Password field, enter your new password and tap on Reset Password.
- With this, the password of your Houseparty account for iOS has been successfully changed.
Change Houseparty Password on Android
- From the sign-up screen of Houseparty, tap on I Already Have an Account.
- Next up, tap on the Forgot Password option.
- Enter your email address on the web page that appears and tap on Reset Password.
- You will now receive an email from Houseparty. Open it and tap on the Reset password link.
- Now enter your new password in the New Password field. Retype to confirm it in the Type Again field.
- Finally, tap on Reset Password to confirm the changes. That’s it. You have successfully changed your Houseparty password in Android. However, if you are using it on Chrome, then here is what needs to be done.
Change Houseparty Password on Chrome
- Head over to the Houseparty login screen and click on Forgot password.
- Enter your email address in the popup that appears and then click on the Reset Password option.
- Check out your email Inbox for an email from Houseparty. Click on the Reset Password link.
- Now enter your new password in the New Password field. Confirm your password in the Type Again field and hit Enter.
- Finally, click on the Reset Password option to confirm the changes. The Houseparty password has now been successfully changed on Chrome as well.
This brings us to the end of this guide on how to change email, username, and password in Houseparty. We have shared the methods for all three platforms, i.e iOS, Android, and Chrome. However, if you are stuck at any of the steps, do drop in your queries in the comments section below. Likewise here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserves a view as well.