A little more than a month ago, Samsung Galaxy S10 series launched. The newest flagship smartphones of the South Korean tech giant came out with one interesting feature – an in-display fingerprint sensor. However, one user can only set four fingerprints to unlock the phone. In case you want to dismiss one of them and replace it with another, here is how to delete or remover fingerprints on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus.
Also known as Galaxy S10’s ultrasonic fingerprint reader, this element proved to be very useful for both Samsung, which managed to increase the screen-to-body ratio, and users, who can now unlock their phones in less than a second by just putting their finger on the bottom side of the display.
About Samsung Galaxy S10’s in-display fingerprint sensor
The ultrasonic fingerprint reader is present on Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus devices only. On the Samsung Galaxy S10E (the lite version of the S10 series), the side-mounted Power button houses a standard fingerprint sensor.
The in-display fingerprint sensor on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus made it possible for Samsung to come up with an impressive all-display frontside, except for the punch-holes made for the selfie cameras. Also, in comparison with the S10E, the position of the ultrasonic fingerprint reader on the front is much more useful for users as they will be able to unlock their phone faster.
However, Samsung was not the first to try this technology, but it is the first to come up with an improved in-display fingerprint sensor that is both reliable and fast. Xiaomi, Huawei, Vivo, and OnePlus have also adopted this technology, but their outcomes were less accurate and even slower than the Samsung Galaxy S10’s ultrasonic fingerprint reader.
Another advantage that Samsung has over the other manufacturers is that its fingerprint sensor permits users to unlock their phone even when the screen is off.
On the downside, you can only use the official display protectors since a thicker protective glass would make the fingerprint reader useless.
How to Delete or Remove Fingerprints on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus
You don’t have to be a tech-savvy to delete or remove fingerprints on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. Just follow the next steps, and you’ll learn how to do that.
Remove Fingerprints on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus
- From any Home Screen, open the apps menu by swiping up or down
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Biometrics and Security
- Navigate to Fingerprints and tap on it – enter your pattern, PIN, or password if you have set up one before
- Once the Fingerprints menu opens, choose the fingerprint you want to delete or remove – to select more than one press and hold on one print and then select all that you want to eliminate
- Tap on Remove in the upper-right corner
- Read the disclaimer, and tap again on Remove to confirm your previous selection
You may also enjoy:
- How To Use Face Recognition As Password on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus
- How to Use Smart Lock on Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus
- How to Enable Auto Restore on Galaxy S10, S10E or S10 Plus
And that’s everything about how to delete or remove fingerprints on Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus. I hope this tutorial was helpful to you.