Some flaws or bugs have seriously ruined the user experience of the much-anticipated Google Pixel 8 lineup, including the Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro in some markets. It seems that the deeper we dig into the device to use, the more problems we encounter. There have been many reports about the Face Unlock issue lately, which raises the question in my mind: Is Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Face Unlock Not Working Issue?
These days, we can’t really think so much about things like this since almost all Android smartphones come with face unlocking capabilities by default. So, in case you are also facing this problem, then make sure to read the guide until the end, as here we have mentioned some of the best fixes to help you resolve the Google 8, and Google 8 Pro face unlock not working issue.
How to Fix Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Face Unlock Not Working Issue
Here are some fixes that will help you for sure to resolve the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Face Unlock Not Working Issue:
Fix 1: Clean the Front-facing Camera Sensors
It’s possible that there’s some dirt or lint on your camera hardware that’s blocking your view and making it impossible for the sensors to detect your Face if the facial unlock system works before but now doesn’t.
If that happens, simply wipe the front camera and face recognition sensors clean with a microfiber cloth or any soft cloth. It is hoped that this will resolve the issue with Google Pixel 8/8Pro not working with facial recognition. It won’t, so move along to the next fix.
Fix 2: Restart Your Device
It may be that you need to resolve a temporary glitch in your System if your Pixel 8 face unlock stops working suddenly. Your phone’s facial-recognition cameras may not detect and recognize your Face due to an unresponsive app or too many background processes. It is easiest to restart your phone to resolve that issue. Here’s how to restart Pixel 8/8Pro.
- Hold down the Power and Volume Up buttons for a few seconds.
- Four options will appear: Power off, Restart, Screenshot, and Emergency.
- After you confirm, wait for the phone to start up.
- Make sure the Face unlock feature works properly after the Pixel 8 restarts.
Fix 3: Disable and Re-setup Face Unlock
Face unlock is not working yet on your Google Pixel 8/8Pro, so you need to disable it and reenable it if the problem persists. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- On your phone, open the Settings app.
- To enable face unlocking, click Security > Face Unlock. You may be asked to enter your passcode or pattern.
- You can now disable the screen lock.
- On the Screen Lock page, click Face Unlock and follow the instructions.
- In order to see if the new Face unlock takes effect after you reset the Face unlock, you should restart the phone.
Fix 4: Reboot Your Device in Safe Mode
To test whether facial recognition is working in safe mode, if the Pixel 8/8Pro is having problems unlocking with Face unlock because of a third-party app or minor software glitch, boot the device into safe mode. In that case, the hardware is fine, but the issue is a software glitch. To resolve the Pixel 8 face unlock problem, here’s how to enter safe mode.
- Hold down the Power button until the Power off option appears.
- Hold down the Power off option until the “Reboot to safe mode” menu appears.
- In safe mode, tap “OK” to confirm, and the phone will reboot.
- In safe mode, your Pixel face unlock problem may be solved, but it’s likely caused by a third-party app. Once you have removed recently downloaded apps, restart your device after each one to figure out which one is problematic. Remove that app and see if it solves the Pixel 8 face recognition problem.
Fix 5: Factory Reset
Usually, if Face Unlock doesn’t work in safe mode on Pixel 8 or Pixel 8Pro, the last resort is to factory reset the device, which may resolve the Face Unlock not working issue on Android 12.
- Go to the Settings app.
- To erase all data, go to System> Reset options > Erase all data.
- To reset your device, enter your passcode and tap “Erase everything.”
- Once the phone has rebooted, set up the Face unlock feature.
How secure is Face Unlock?
Its Face Unlock system meets the Android Class 3 biometric standard, which is the “strongest” standard for Face Unlock in Android devices. Therefore, it’s unlikely a 3D replica of your Face will unlock a phone, and it’s likely someone else’s Face will do it 1 in 50,000 times. You can opt to accept these odds or not, depending on what’s right for you: they are strong but not infallible.
So, that’s all we have for you on How to Fix the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Face Unlock Not Working Issue. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. In the meantime, if you need more information, leave a comment below.