Samsung Galaxy S10 devices rolled out with high-end tech specs and features, including a state-of-the-art audio system. However, many users complained that these devices’ speakers produce no sounds. In this post, I will show you how to fix a Galaxy S10 loudspeaker that doesn’t have any sound.
First of all, you should know that a hardware-related issue does not always cause this bug. Undoubtedly, if you dropped your Samsung Galaxy S10 or spilled some liquids over it, then that might have damaged the internal components. However, that situations are rare because Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus come with improved protection against liquid spills and drops. But that might happen, anyway.
In case that’s not your case, then the Galaxy S10 loudspeaker doesn’t have any sound because of a third-party app, software-, or firmware-related glitch. Luckily, you can solve those bugs using the solutions I will talk about in the following sections of this post.
How to Fix If My Galaxy S10 Loudspeaker Doesn’t Have Any Sound?
Soft reset your device
Sometimes, Galaxy S10 loudspeaker doesn’t have any sound due to a minor system glitch. You can tackle that issue by performing a soft reset on your device. Here’s how to do that:
- Unlock your phone
- Press and hold the Power key until a menu pops up
- Select the Power Off option
- Allow your smartphone to shut down
- Wait about 30 seconds before turning your smartphone on
- Turn your Galaxy S10 on
Once your phone reboots, allow it to open all the processes and apps, and then, try the loudspeaker. If it’s still not working, move on to the next solutions.
Turn off the Bluetooth
On many occasions, the Galaxy S10 loudspeaker doesn’t have any sound because there is a wireless headset connected to your smartphone via Bluetooth. You might have forgotten to shut off a Bluetooth earpiece, and that might cause the no sound issue.
Just turn off the Bluetooth on Samsung Galaxy S10 to see if the loudspeaker can produce any sound.
Use your device in Safe Mode
Also, the no sound issue on Galaxy S10 might appear due to a third-party app that causes a conflict. To make sure that’s the case with your smartphone, to, try using it in Safe Mode. Here’s how to do that:
- Turn off your Galaxy S10 smartphone
- Press and hold the Power button key and release it when the SAMSUNG logo appears on the display
- Right afterward, press and hold the Volume Down button
- Hold the Volume Down button until the device boots up, and the Safe Mode text appears in the bottom left corner
In case Galaxy S10 loudspeaker works in Safe Mode, then it’s evident that a third-party app is causing the no sound issue. You can now uninstall any suspicious application that might interfere with the audio system of your device.
It’s possible that the Galaxy S10 loudspeaker doesn’t have any sound because of some incorrect settings. You can reset settings to tackle that. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings -> General Management
- Tap on Reset
- Select Reset Settings
- Tap again on Reset Settings to confirm the task
Hard reset Samsung Galaxy S10
Here is how to conduct a factory reset on Galaxy S10:
- Shut down your device
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button, then press and hold the Power key without releasing the first two keys
- When the Android logo pops up, release the buttons to permit the OS to enter the Android Recovery Menu
- Using Volume buttons go to “Wipe data/ Factory reset,” and select the option with the Power key
- Confirm the choice
- “Reboot System Now” message should appear soon
- Opt to restart your device now
If after this final method your Galaxy S10 loudspeaker doesn’t have any sound, then you should consider getting assistance from Samsung.