Madden NFL 20 is an American Football video game, developed by EA (Electronic Arts). It’s based on the National Football League that was released in August 2019 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows platforms. So, if you’re a Madden NFL 20 gamer and unfortunately, the game won’t launch for some reason, then this troubleshooting guide is for you. Here we’ve provided How to Fix Madden 20 Game Won’t Launch on PC / Xbox or PS4.
The graphics level, strategy, progression, etc everything is fully packed in this video game and all the National Football League fans or Football lovers can play this game. Now, according to some of the players, the Madden NFL 20 game won’t launch due to some unexpected error that needs to be solved by following some of the possible workarounds below.
How to Fix Madden 20 Game Won’t Launch on PC / Xbox or PS4
All the three platform players are facing a similar kind of issue while launching the game and it simply showing “something went wrong” message on the Xbox. While the PC users are getting either “something went wrong” error or the screen goes black, screen flickers and some times goes back to the origin game library without any error codes.
Meanwhile, the PlayStation 4 gamers are also experiencing the same trouble while launching the madden 20 NFL game. Now, let’s jump into the steps below.
1. For the Xbox Console
- Make sure that your Xbox console is fully up-to-date.
- Now, try to clear the cache and power-cycle the console from the steps below:
- Press and hold the Power button of the Xbox until it completely turns off.
- Next, unplug the power cable from your console.
- Press and hold the Power button of the Xbox for a couple of times to clear the cache.
- Finally, plug your power cable again and switch on your Xbox console.
- Try running the Madden NFL 20 game on your Xbox and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
2. For PlayStation 4 Console
- Boot your PS4 console in Safe mode.
- Press the Power button on your PS4 console to turn it off. The power indicator will blink for a few moments before turning off.
- Once the PS4 system is turned off, just press and hold the Power button again > Release it after you hear the second beep. (The first beep will sound when you first press and another one will come after a couple of seconds)
- Next, connect the DUALSHOCK 4 with the USB cable > Press the PS button on the controller.
- Launch the Madden 20 game and check for the issue.
3. For Windows PC/Laptop
- Try to Reinstall the Game Origin and Madden NFL 20 game
- Check for Windows and graphics drivers updates
- Scan using sfc/ scannow
- Update and Repair Game from the Origin launcher
- Run Origin launcher as an administrator
- Disable Antivirus software (if any)
- Turn off Overlay software (Origin In-game, Discord, MSI Afterburner, Game Bar, GeForce Experience Overlay, etc)
- Restrict background running apps or processes to normal
- Disable unnecessary Startup applications or processes from the Task Manager
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.