Users always look for more features from their devices in all aspects, let it be OS, launcher, applications, themes, etc. The more factor is fulfilled by customization. This, of course, means installing custom OS, launchers, themes, root access, and whatnot. However, sometimes the customization leads to bugs and issues. Speaking of the custom launchers, Pixel Launcher is a very familiar name for Android enthusiasts. Sometimes users report that after installing the latest software update on their Pixel devices, the Pixel launcher crashes down. So, in this guide, we will tell you how to fix the Pixel launcher crash after performing a software update on any Pixel device.
So, we have outlined some simple and slightly tricky ways that can help you debug this issue. One of the tricks will require you to install ADB on your PC. We will check out the simple techniques and then we will try the other methods.
How to fix the Pixel Launcher Crash after performing a software update
Before we begin with the tips and tricks, you have to follow some guidelines.
- This guide is for the devices running on Pixel launcher
- A PC/Laptop with the USB cable
- You must install ADB Fastboot[Windows|MAC] on your PC
- USB Debugging must be enabled on the device
- Also, make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before modifying your device.
- Go to Settings > App & Notifications > Search for Pixel Launcher app
- Click on the App > Go to App Info
- Under that go to the upper right corner and click the three-dot button.
- Tap on Uninstall Update
- If this doesn’t work you can go to Play Store App
- Search for Pixel Launcher > Uninstall it (this will move the app to an older version)
In case, both of the above-mentioned guides are not working, move on to the next alternative.
How to Fix the Issue using ADB?
First, you have to install the ADB Fastboot and then download a particular version of the Pixel Launcher APK.
Pixel Launcher | APK Download
You May Also Like,
- How to Disable Google Now Feed on Pixel Launcher
- Download Android Go Pixel Launcher for devices with Low RAM
- Download the APK from the link provided above
- After downloading move the APK file to the Platform-tools folder.
- Rename the app name to xyz.apk [you can replace xyz with any name of your choice. The extension must be.apk]
- Now using the USB cable connect the Pixel device to the PC/Laptop
- Select the Connectivity Option from the Notification Center > Open the Settings
- Set File Transfer as the Data Transfer method
- Go to your PC > open the folder where you’ve installed ADB
- Right-Click + Shift > Open PowerShell Window here. The command prompt will open
- Type the following command.
adb install -d -r xyz.apk
- In case the previous step shows an error, then instead of using adb in the command use ./adb
- Press enter to execute the command
That’s it. Now, unplug your smartphone and now your device should no more have the Pixel Launcher crash issue. We hope that this guide was useful to you.