Realme is a Shenzhen-based Chinese smartphone manufacturer brand founded by Sky Li, who was the Ex-VP of Oppo Electronics. The parent organization of Realme is BBK Electronics. Last year, Realme has launched a couple of devices in a competitive price tag with good hardware specifications in order to compete with Xiaomi, Samsung, Huawei, and other brands. All the mentioned brands are good in providing budget and mid-range segment all-rounder Android smartphones. As Realme is a sub-brand of Oppo, all the Realme devices are running on Oppo’s ColorOS skin based on Android out-of-the-box. Therefore, if you’re a Realme device user wants to install the latest firmware update on your device, this guide is for you. Here we have shared a couple of methods on How to flash Realme firmware on your device [Software update guide] easily.
The ColorOS skin is quite optimized and offers quite stable experience as well but according to the users, it should be more optimized, fully-featured, and stable like other custom skins such as OxygenOS or MIUI. Though Realme developers and community are quite active and friendly in terms of sharing troubleshoot guide, tips, bug fixes, etc to its devices, the Realme users are waiting for a new enhanced ColorOS skin only for Realme devices. Recently, Realme India CEO, Madhav Seth, has mentioned that they’re working hard to deliver a stock-like user experience with ColorOS 7 which will be optimized for Realme devices.
Though Stock Firmware isn’t that much customizable on any Android device, it offers stable and smoother experience than any other Custom ROMs. If you’re using a Realme device, then you should upgrade the device’s system version whenever a new update is available for your model. It will basically include any of the mentioned things like improves system performance, adds features, fixes bugs, adds security patch, and more.
Realme Firmware Update Advantages
The advantages of updating the latest software version are mentioned below:
- Optimizing system performance.
- Prolonging your battery life.
- Developing compatibility with more third-party apps.
- Enhancing the system stability.
There are two recommended software update methods available for the Realme device that will be easier for you and will come in handy for most of the time. We will share both the updating methods below with all the requirements and firmware download links.
- Make sure to DO NOT root your handset by yourself or without any knowledge. The process may damage the device system and your device warranty will void immediately (if any).
- The firmware updating process will take some time. So, please be patient.
- It may delete all of the device data (internal) completely such as contacts, messages, documents, etc. Make sure to take a full back up of your important data before doing anything.
- Keep the Realme phone battery juice above 50% or you can plug your device into charging as well.
- Connect your device to a working Wi-Fi network for faster and stable software updates.
Steps to Flash Realme Firmware on your device [Software update guide]
There are three easy updating methods that we will share with you. All the methods are easy and safe enough that can be useful even if you don’t have that much knowledge. Now, let’s jump into the methods.
1. Update Realme Software (via OTA)
- First, connect your device to a working Wi-Fi network. The system will automatically show a new software update is available (if any). Now, you can see a notification on the ‘System updates’ icon.
- If your device firmware is already updated, then it will show “It is already the latest version”.
- Then download the firmware by following on-screen instructions.
- Tap on the System Updates option. Your device will reboot and start updating the installed firmware version.
- It will take a few minutes. You’re done.
But if in case, your device hasn’t received any OTA update, you can follow the second method which is recommended for all.
2. Update Realme Software via Simple Mode [Recommended]
- First of all, download the latest firmware for your Realme device model from here.
- Then transfer the downloaded firmware to the phone storage.
- Go to the File Manager app and search for the firmware file. Tap on the firmware file and it will pop-up a confirmation on your screen.
- Tap on the Update Now button and it will take some time to install the update on your Realme device.
- Your device will reboot automatically into a new system version.
- Done. Enjoy!
3. Update Realme Software via Recovery Mode
- We assume that you’ve already downloaded the firmware file for your device from the link above.
- Next, transfer the latest firmware file to the phone storage or SD Card which you’ve downloaded.
- Then switch off the phone > Press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons together, until your phone enters into the Stock Recovery Mode.
- Now, you may have to choose the language according to your preference.
- From the ColorOS Recovery mode, you have to select the first option which is “Install from the storage device”.
- Then find and select the firmware “From phone storage” or “From SD card” option.
- Tap on the firmware file and confirm the update by pressing the OK button in the pop-up notification.
- We recommend you to don’t perform other operations until your phone is updated successfully.
- Finally, your device will boot into the new system. Have some patience.
- That’s it.
We hope that this easy software update guide is useful to you. If you’re using the Realme device then you can update the firmware version easily. If you have any queries, ask in the comments below.