Usually, the Android system can correctly handle the resources so that the user doesn’t have to intervene to shut down apps that run in the background. However, there are some situations when we have to force close unresponsive apps which might cause additional issues. In this article, I will show you two straightforward methods to force close a frozen or crashing app on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus.
Most likely, you’ve already experienced the situation when an app stopped responding, and because of it, your smartphone is lagging. In that case, you might already know how to force close an unresponsive app on Android devices. However, if you’re new to Android, then this post is perfect for you.
Even though Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphones are excellent devices in terms of technical specs, like other Android phones, they also have glitches and issues. Most of them are due to third-party apps, and that’s a topic we’ll discuss today.
How to Force Close a Frozen or Crashing App on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus?
The most straightforward method to force close an app on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus is to use the Recent Apps menu. Here’s how to do it:
- When an application crashed on your Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone, you have to tap on the Recent Apps soft key
- Once the Recent Apps menu pops up, swipe right or left to locate the frozen app
- Then, swipe up over the app’s thumbnail to force close it
You can now try opening that application once again. If the problem persists, then the glitch is more severe than initially thought. Here are some tutorials on the most common unresponsive app issues on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus:
- How to Fix “Unfortunately, YouTube has stopped” Error on Galaxy S10, S10E and S10 Plus | YouTube Keeps Crashing And Lagging
- How to Fix “Unfortunately, Facebook Has Stopped” Error on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus
- Easy Steps to Fix “Unfortunately, Messages Has Stopped” Error on Galaxy S10, S10E or S10 Plus
This one is a more complicated method than the one presented above, but it’s not as tricky to pull it off. Here’s how to force close an unresponsive app from the App Info menu:
- Go to Settings -> App -> More Settings (the three-dotted icon from the top-right corner)
- Go to System Apps
- Locate the frozen or crashing app and tap on it
- Then, tap on Force Stop
- Confirm the selection
That’s everything you need on how to force close a frozen or crashing app on Galaxy S10, S10E, and S10 Plus.