OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile variant is now available to buy in the U.S.A. This is definitely one of the most beautiful and fully-featured packed smartphones from OnePlus yet in terms of the specifications. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer has admitted that they have built a top flagship killer device. Whereas the 5G connectivity gives it more power and a reason to buy in 2019 at an affordable price tag. But when it comes to the camera performance, OnePlus has improved a lot in image quality than the previous generation OnePlus Camera apps. Still, Google Camera is better and quite powerful as well. The GCam app software is more powerful and customizable than its hardware. Here is the guide, How to Install Google Camera on OnePlus 7 Pro (GCam 6.1).
The OnePlus 7 Pro device also comes with great camera specifications which include a triple rear camera setup of a 48MP primary lens. OnePlus always try to improve their smartphone camera department via software updates. It’s worth mentioning that OnePlus 5/6/7 series device camera quality is so impressive. By using camera mods, you can get the powerful Google Camera on your OnePlus 7 Pro. As there is no dedicated GCam mod available for OnePlus 7 Pro, you can try the Google Nexus 6P or Xiaomi Mi 9 Google Camera app for once. It should work perfectly most of the times.
Download OnePlus 7 Pro Google Camera
As we mentioned above that the dedicated GCam mod for OnePlus 7 Pro not developed yet, but will soon be available. You can use the Nexus 6P or Xiaomi Mi 9 modded camera app. However, there are dull colors in the portrait mode issue in the Nexus 6P mod. This is the GCam 6.1 version.
Steps to install Google Camera on OnePlus 7 Pro
Downloading and installing Google Camera on the OnePlus 7 Pro is so easy. Just follow the mentioned steps:
- First, choose any one mod APK and download the Gcam APK file from the download link given above.
- After downloading, install the APK file on your 7 Pro device.
- You may have to enable ‘Install unknown apps’ from your Chrome browser or any other browser which you use to download the APK file. That’s quite simple.
- After installing the Google Camera application, search it from the app drawer. There you will see two camera applications are showing. Normally, the Google Camera has a ’rounded camera icon’ which is recognizable.
- If in case, you’re experiencing force close on Gcam app for any reason, try these settings to fix:
- Choose Nexus 6P in options for the front camera model
- Select YUV format (You can select this option for increasing the performance as well)
- You’re done. Enjoy!
Now, you’ve successfully installed the Google Camera on your OnePlus 7 Pro handset which works fine mostly. When the OnePlus 7 Pro dedicated GCam will available, just uninstall this GCam app and install the new one. That’s it.