Realme 3 Pro is a mid-range budget segment device that packs some good specification for the mid-range users. The Realme 3 Pro has a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display that is sharp and produces good colors. It has a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels with a PPI of 409. The Realme 3 Pro has an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. Under the hood, it is powered by the Snapdragon 710 Octa-core processor that is paired with 4GB of RAM. It has a battery capacity of 4045 mAh with VOOC charging 3.0. The device has an internal storage capacity of 64GB and that can be expanded up to 256 GB via a microSD. It also has a fingerprint sensor with Gorilla Glass 5 protection for the display.
After taking a quick specs review of the device, we will look at how to install GSI Treble ROM on Realme 3 Pro. Those who are not familiar with the GSI Treble Project,
Generic System Images
A generic system image (GSI) is a system image with adjusted configurations for Android devices. It’s considered a pure Android implementation with unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code that any Android device running Android 8.1 or higher can run successfully.
GSIs are used for running VTS and CTS-on-GSI tests. The system image of an Android device is replaced with a GSI then tested with the Vendor Test Suite (VTS) and the Compatibility Test Suite (CTS) to ensure that the device implements vendor interfaces correctly with the latest version of Android.
Treble: The GSI includes full support for the HIDL-based architectural changes (also known as Treble) introduced in Android 8.0, including support for the HIDL interfaces. You can use the GSI on any Android device that uses HIDL vendor interfaces.
The current Android GSI project includes the following major variances:
Version. Support for Android 8.0, Android 8.1, and Android 9.
CPU architecture. Support for different CPU instructions (ARM, x86, etc.) and CPU bitness (32 bit or 64 bit).
Partition layout. Can use system-as-root or non-system-as-root partition layout.
Support for binder interface bitness.
So, after getting some information about what is the GSI Treble Project, let us head straight into the article;
How To Install GSI Treble ROM on Realme 3 Pro
But, before we proceed with the installation of GSI Treble ROM on Realme 3 Pro, you need to make sure that your device is at least 70% charged and you have made a backup of all the data on your phone storage. If you have unlocked the bootloader of your device then you can directly skip to the installation of GSI Treble ROM section. However, for those who have not unlocked the bootloader of the Realme 3 Pro, follow the article and steps very carefully and do not skip any of the steps as it would brick or permanently damage your device.
Note: From here, proceed and follow the unlokcing procedure very carefully. It is advised to make a backup of the data on your device as this will wipe all the data on your device. GetDroidTips or the author of this article is not responsible for any harm or damage done to your device during the process.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Realme 3 Pro
This is an official process and method to unlock the bootloader and so, it is advised to follow all the steps correctly;
First, please read the “Disclaimer” carefully.
- After unlocking your phone ALL OF YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED! Backup before you proceed.
- In-depth test may have unforeseeable impacts on your phone.
- Some functions may not operate properly because of third-party firmware, such as the photo-taking function of the camera. It may also cause device damage.
- Personal and confidential information on phone may leak, and security may be compromised.
- In-depth test may modify some of the system functions, and prevent you from updating the system version to enjoy the latest ColorOS.
- After unlocking Widevine L1 will be replaced by Widevine L3.
Second, read the steps below for the in-depth test
- Realme 3 Pro – with 60%+ battery
- One USB Cable
- PC / MacBook
Follow the steps to unlock the bootloader
Step 1. Make sure you have backed up your data, unlocking your phone will erase all of your data.
Step 2. Make sure your system version is the official and latest one.
Step 3. Download and install the unlock tool apk on your phone [there were issues with the previous link, will update the new link soon]. Install it to apply for the bootloader unlock via the tool.
Step 4. Follow the detailed steps below to unlock the bootloader.
- Open unlock tool.
- Click “Start applying”.
- Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
- The application will be checked by the Realme servers.
- Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of the unlock request – if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step.
- You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically. The following string will display on the screen: fast boot_unlock_verify ok
- Download and install the Fastboot toolon your PC or MacBook.
- Use a cable to connect phone and PC. In Fastboot mode use engineering command in the picture below to unlock;Enter the command: adb reboot bootloader- Press “Enter”on your keyboard
– Enter the command: fastboot flashing unlock
– Press “Enter”on your keyboard
- On your phone press the Volume Up key to select “Unlock” (or press the Volume Down key if you have changed your mind to select “Do not unlock bootloader”).
- When you click the Volume Up, you will enter the new interface showed below.
- Then enter command “fastboot reboot”. Then phone will reboot and enter the in-depth test mode. (all user data on the phone will be erased – we recommend you perform a data backup prior to applying)
Install GSI Treble ROM on Realme 3 Pro
After you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your device then, you can follow the steps to install the GSI Treble ROM in Realme 3 Pro;
- Download any AOSP A/B build.
- Then, download vbmeta attached below.
- Goto Bootloader, enter code: fastboot –disable-verity –disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Flash this TWRP.
- Code: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Enter into recovery via the bootloader, use the volume keys to choose and power button to select.
- Wipe Dalvik, System, Data & Cache.
- Extract the .img from downloaded AOSP file *.xz & *adb push *.img /external_sd or whatever directory.
- Locate the extracted file & install it through TWRP. Reboot to System.
Source: Xda Developer