Sony launched the Xperia 10 and Xperia 10 in the year 2019 with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box. The device features a 6.0-inch IPS LCD display, Snapdragon 630 chipset, 2870 mAh battery, 64 GB storage, and 4 GB of RAM. If you’re using the Sony Xperia 10 (Supported Model: I3113, I4113, I3123, I4193) or planning to buy it, here in this article, we will share with you steps on how to unlock bootloader on the Sony Xperia 10 device.
Unlocking the bootloader will perform a factory reset to the device that erases all the device settings, user data, third-party apps, and more from the internal storage. This will let you freely install a Custom ROM, enable Root access, etc. on your Android device.
Before going to the bootloader unlocking details and steps, let’s take a look at the device specifications.
Sony Xperia 10 Specifications: Overview
Sony Xperia 10 smartphone was launched in February 2019 and comes with a 6-inch display with a 21:9 aspect ratio. The device is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 SoC. It is paired with 3GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage which can be expandable up to 512GB via a MicroSD card.
The Xperia 10 runs on Android 9.0 Stock UI out-of-the-box. It’s powered by a 2,870 mAh battery with proprietary fast charging support. The Xperia 10 is a dual Nano-SIM supported device that offers 4G LTE on both SIM cards.
In terms of the camera section, the Sony Xperia 10 packs a 13MP primary camera and a secondary 5MP camera. The rear camera setup has autofocus and an LED flash. The front sports an 8MP selfie camera with an f/2.0 aperture lens. While the handset offers Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, USB Type-C port, etc in terms of the connectivity options. The device includes an accelerometer, ambient light sensor, compass, proximity sensor, and fingerprint sensor.
The bootloader is a program that starts whenever a device is turned on. It instructs the system to boot the OS from the kernel and ramdisk. Every operating system running smart devices is coming under the list like smartphones, tablets, PCs, smartwatches, smart TVs, and more.
The smartphone manufacturers provide smartphones with a locked bootloader. If you’re an advanced user and want to install any custom third-party file on your device, you have to unlock the device bootloader first.
- Supported Model: I3113, I4113, I3123, I4193
- You will need a Laptop/PC and a USB Cable.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least.
- We recommend you to take a complete backup of your device data.
- Make sure to download all the required files, drivers from below.
- Official Bootloader Unlock Page from Sony: CLICK HERE
- Now note your IMEI no by dialing *#06# or this 15-digit code can be found on your box and also at the back of the phone.
- You need to download ADB and Fastboot Tools to your PC and Extract it.
- Make sure to Download Sony USB Drivers
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia 10 via ADB Fastboot
- First of all make sure your device can be unlocked or not, To Check to Follow the steps below :
- In your device, open the dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.
- Tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue to the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
- Now Go to the official Unlock Bootloader website of Sony: CLICK HERE.
- Scroll down and select your device, and press Continue.
- Now register your email.
- You will receive a mail to confirm, Tap on “Click here to proceed”.
- Once you enter into the Sony Unlocker page, you will be asked to enter your smartphone IMEI no, Now ENTER THE IMEI NO inside the BOX.
- You will get your unlock key once, Now Copy the unlocker key in a notepad.
- Now You need to enable the Developer Option on your phone.
- Enable the Developer Option. – Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer“
- Now go to Developer option in the settings and Enable OEM unlock and USB Debugging.
- Download ADB Fastboot tool and Extract the ADB Fastboot Tool somewhere in PC (Link is given above)
- Now Open the Extractor ADB and Fastboot folder and Open Command Window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click.
- Now connect the PC to Mobile with USB Cable
- You need to Reboot the phone into Bootloader – Type the Command from below in your Command window that you opened
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will boot into the bootloader. (If it doesn’t then please check your Cable or ADB Drivers and Install again). Now enter the command with your unlock key after the OEM unlock and replace this character 0x07B7BFEA7AC879F0 with your unlock key
fastboot -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0x07B7BFEA7AC879F0
- That’s it! You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on Sony Xperia 10.
- You can now reboot your phone.
We hope this guide is helpful to you, and you’ve successfully unlocked the bootloader on Sony Xperia 10. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.