Android smartphones have grown in size for the past few years and having a 6+ inch screen smartphone is pretty common these days. Thanks to the motorized pop-up cameras and the trend to follow the all-screen design, users are now getting almost bezel-less designed smartphones. Moreover, there are certain advantages to using a big-screen smartphone. Firstly you can watch content in all its glory without cropping and secondly, the ease of multi-tasking. And if you a huge multitasker and your work involves using several apps at a time then, Android 10 has a new feature in store for you, In this post, we will share with you a guide on how to use Android 10’s split-screen feature.
The Android 10 is rolled out to a handful of smartphones and the first ones were the Pixel and Essential smartphones. Moreover, with the help of the split-screen feature, you can open YouTube and read some news or articles simultaneously. Also, you can use it to write down something interesting from your favorite website at the same time without the need of switching between applications. However, this split-screen feature was already present with some of the OEMs like Samsung, Huawei, etc but it is the first time that is being integrated as a feature in Android OS. So, without any further ado, let us just dig right in;
How To Use Android 10’s Split Screen Feature
Split-screen allows the user to use two apps at the same time without the need of quitting any of the apps. This gives the user the flexibility in using more out of Android and increase productivity. With smartphone screens getting bigger, this is one of the most essential in-built features that was required and now with the Android 10, it is finally here on the Android OS.
How To Enable Split Screen Feature (multi-window)
If you have a Samsung device (like me) then, you might be well versed with how this multi-window or the split-screen feature works on your Android smartphone. But Pixel users will be experiencing this feature for the first time and below are the steps to enable the split-screen feature on your smartphone running Android 10;
- Go to your Home screen by swiping from the middle of your screen.
- Now open the first application that you want to use in the multi-window or the split-screen mode.
- Also, do not close the app as you require it to be there in the Recent menu as it is there where we will activate the multi-window.
- Once you have opened the first app, swipe to open the Recent apps menu.
- In the recent menu tap on the first app that you want to use and tap on the app’s icon.
- There you will find the option of Split-screen feature. Tap on it.
- Now, the first app will be pinned to the top of the screen.
- Then, you will be asked to select the second app that you will use on the lower half of the screen.
- Moreover, you can also adjust the screen size of both the apps to use.
That’s it! you can now use two applications using the multi-window feature on the Android 10. Besides, you can also use the app drawer even if you are on the multi-window or split-screen mode.
How To Disable Split Screen Feature (multi-window)
While the split-screen mode is a great feature that gives you the ability to use two apps at the same time. However, below is the guide to disable the split-screen feature on your device running on Android 10;
- Exiting the split-screen is simple and all you have to do is to drag the divider of the top app to the bottom or you can drag the divider of the bottom app to the top of the screen.
So, there you have it from my side in this post. Hope you guys liked this post and were able to use the split-screen mode on the latest Android 10 OS. Let us know in the comments if you liked this feature of the Android 10 and also do let us know if you use the split-screen or the multi-window feature often or not? Until the next post…Cheers!