2018’s Honor 10 was pretty much popular due to its stunning hardware specifications and better design in a very competitive price range. The handset came with Android 8.1 Oreo preloaded and planned to upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie on top of EMUI 9.1 skin. Due to the Kirin 970 processor and up to 8GB of RAM capacity, users are still enjoying using this device. However, some of the unfortunate users may want to install the stock ROM again for some reason and if you’re also one of them, you can check out the proper steps to install Huawei Honor 10 COL-AL10I Firmware Flash File (Stock ROM).
It’s worth mentioning that the Android operating system is open to all and anyone can easily flash third-party files, firmware, enable root access, flash custom recovery, modules, etc on their Android devices. So, users mostly try to implement heavy customizations which may lead their device to brick or stuck in the bootloop issue. Luckily, the bricking or performance-related issues always require flashing a stock firmware to easily unbrick your phone. Now, let’s take a quick look at the stock firmware benefits below.
Table of Contents
Advantages of Stock ROM:
As the Stock ROM (Stock Firmware) comes preloaded in the Android device which is specially designed for the specific device models by the manufacturer, it’s quite necessary to have a stock firmware running on your device if you want better performance or stability. So, installing a Stock ROM offers unbricking or restoring your device in its previous working mode, fixes the bootloop issue, reduces system or data security risks, etc.
Additionally, a Stock Firmware brings performance improvements, better stability with fewer bugs, lag/stutter-free user experience, better RAM management, removes root access, reduces battery draining issue, OTA update issue, and so on. But there are two major advantages of having a stock firmware on your device such as upgrading or downgrading your device system version easily and bring back your device manufacturer’s warranty (if under warranty).
Steps to Flash Huawei Honor 10 COL-AL10I Firmware File (Stock ROM)
Let’s check out all the required precautions and files below.
- This particular firmware file (Android 9.0 Pie) is meant to be flashed for the Huawei Honor 10 COL-AL10I model. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Maintain at least the 50% charge on your device to reduce occasional shutdown probability while flashing the firmware.
- If in case, your device is in working condition then make sure to take a full data backup (personal/important files). [If TWRP Recovery already installed then you can follow the Nandroid Backup]
- You may require a computer and a USB cable. [If your device isn’t working]
GetDroidTips won’t be held responsible for any kind of damage that may happen to your device by following this guide. Follow this guide at your own risk.
Download Flash File:
- Huawei_Honor_10_COL-AL10I_126.96.36.1990_C675E8R1P9T8_9.0.0_R3_EMUI9.1.0_05015CUU_Dload.zip – Link 1 | Link 2
- Download Huawei USB Drivers on your PC
Instructions to Install ROM
Here we’ve shared two methods. Follow the method which suits your device condition.
1. Card Update Method
- Create a new folder called dload on your MicroSD card.
- Extract the downloaded firmware zip file on PC > Copy the UPDATE.APP file into the dload folder on your MicroSD card.
- Switch off your handset > Long-press Vol Up + Vol Down + Power key together for a few seconds until the fastboot mode appears.
- You’ll see ‘Installing system update’ > Wait for a while > Your device will automatically reboot after flashing.
2. Manually Flash Stock ROM
If your device is bricked or stuck at bootloop then follow the Huawei Smartphone Multi Download tool method for firmware flashing.
We hope this guide was helpful to you. Let us know in the comments below for any queries.