As the name suggests, Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the ‘Pro’ version of the Huawei Mate 20 model. It came in October 2018 bundled with Android 9.0 Pie over EMUI 9.1 out-of-the-shell. Although the Android 10 has been released almost nine months ago, as a flagship handset, Huawei Mate 20 Pro hasn’t received the Android 10 update yet. However, the company has recently announced the EMUI 10 Beta program for the Huawei Mate 20 Pro and all the interested users can now download Huawei Mate 20 Pro Android 10 update with EMUI 10 from this article.
It’s also worth mentioning that the Huawei Mate 20 Pro EMUI 10 (Android 10) update is still hanging on the beta testing phase. Now, talking about the EMUI 10 Beta, it has some known bugs or stability issues that we’ve also mentioned below and you should have to see that before flashing the firmware. The EMUI 10 features plenty of improvements, newly added features, 3D Touch, Live caption, dark theme, gestures control, app drawer, improved camera UI, quick settings toggle, improved privacy, and a lot more.
EMUI 10 Update
Huawei has announced the latest EMUI 10 custom skin based on Android 10 at Huawei’s developer conference. The new version of custom skin already surfaced on new refreshed Huawei P30 Pro device variants at IFA last week. The company has revealed the update timeline for its devices which will receive the Android 10 stable version. The EMUI 10 is currently available in the beta version.
As the latest Android version is the 10th generation of Google’s Android OS and it brings a bunch of new features and system improvements as well. Therefore, the Android 10 based EMUI 10 custom skin will also get all the core features.
- 3D Touch: It gives a super smooth touch effect with animation. It feels so fast and responsive than a normal touch pressure effect.
- Live Caption: The Live Caption brings real-time automatic captions to media on your device. It will provide live captions for the videos, podcasts, and audio messages, apps, etc. It works offline too.
- System-Wide Dark Mode: The dark mode saves battery juice a lot and reduces eye strain during night time.
- The swipe gesture navigation control offers more improved functionalities in Android 10.
- App Drawer: The new app drawer seems just like a Pixel Launcher. The drawer opens like a swipe up from the home screen.
- New Stock Camera UI: The stock EMUI camera app UI has been tweaked a little bit. The slider between the camera shutter button and modes text appears as a red dot this time.
- Notification and Quick Settings Toggle: The latest upcoming EMUI version will allow users to choose and set notification controls. It offers a quick shortcut toggle.
- New Transition Animation: Huawei has introduced the new transition animation style for the swipe to go home gesture.
- Privacy and Security: It enables system security, app permission control, location control, and more.
- Bubbles: Bubbles feature is a new feature in Android Q which looks and works like Facebook Messenger.
- Desktop Mode: Android Q in EMUI 10 will feature desktop mode to connect your device easily to the monitor.
Additionally, you can check more EMUI 10 features and supported device list.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Specifications: Overview
The handset came with a 6.39-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1440×3120 pixels. The display supports HDR10 and covered with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. As we mentioned earlier that the handset runs on Android 9.0 Pie on the top of EMUI 9.1 stable version and currently started receiving the EMUI 10 stable version based on Android 10. It’s powered by the octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 SoC, Mali-G76 MP10 GPU.
The device packs the 6GB/8GB of RAM and 128GB/256GB of internal storage which is expandable up to 256GB via a Nano Memory card. It sports a triple rear camera setup that includes a primary 40MP wide (f/1.8), a secondary 8MP telephoto (f/2.4) lens. There is a third 20MP ultrawide (f/2.2) lens with PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, Panorama, HDR, Dual-LED dual-tone flashlight, etc.
There is a 24MP wide (f/2.0) selfie camera available with HDR support. It packs a non-removable Li-Po 4200mAh battery with 40W fast charging, 15W wireless charging, reverse wireless charging support. In terms of the connectivity options, it has Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, NFC, IR Blaster, Type-C port, and more.
The smartphone also supports some of the major sensors like Face ID, under-display optical fingerprint sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, barometer, and compass sensor.
Check Software Update Manually
In order to check the latest software update on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro device, head over to the Settings -> System -> Software update -> Check for Updates. If an update is available, it will show you the prompt to download it. Proceed and install the update but the update file size will be around more than 4.5GB. Therefore, ensure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network and have battery juice more than 60% minimum.
However, some of the Mate 20 series users recently reported that they have received the EMUI 10 based on the Android 10 OTA update via Huawei’s HiCare app.
Open the Huawei’s HiCare app > tap on Update > Check for updates. Make sure to take a complete backup before doing the update process.
Steps to Install EMUI 10 on Huawei Mate 20 Pro
If your Mate 20 Pro handset doesn’t receive any OTA update yet, then you can manually install the EMUI 10 firmware update file on your device. Let’s take a look at the requirements and downloads below.
- This firmware file is supported for Huawei Mate 20 Pro model only.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required.
- Taking a full Data Backup of your device is recommended.
- Make sure that your device is charged more than 60% at least.
- Firmware download:
- Download Huawei Multi-Download Tool on your computer and install it.
- Huawei USB Drivers – download and install it on your PC.
- Huawei Handset Product Line Driver – download and install it also.
Instructions to Install
After following all the requirements and downloads, you can now follow the firmware installation process on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
There are plenty of Huawei device models that will receive the EMUI 10 update in the coming few months in a phased manner and it will take some time. Whereas, a couple of Honor devices will also receive the Magic UI 3.0 update based on Android 10 very soon.
We hope you’ve found this article useful. If you’ve any queries, you can comment down below.