Today Huawei started rolling a new nougat update for Huawei P10. The software version labeled as VTR-L09C432B184/VTR-L29C432B185 which is supported in Europe region. Now you can install Huawei P10 B184 and B185 Nougat Firmware with VTR-L09 and VTR-L29 variant.
The update is currently rolling via OTA and it is sent in a phase-wise manner for users in Europe. It may take a couple of days or even weeks to receive the update. You need to wait for the official roll out to upgrade Huawei P10 to the new build number VTR-L09C432B184/VTR-L29C432B185. There is nothing new with this update except latest Google security patch, bug fixes and improvements. This update will improve your device’s performance and stability to bring you a better user experience.
Manually Check Huawei P10 B184 and B185 Nougat Firmware VTR-L09/VTR-L29 [Europe]
Now you can check for the OTA manually on Huawei P10 Europe region in case if you didn’t receive the OTA. You can follow the below-given instruction on your phone to check for the official OTA update on your phone. Make sure that your device is running on Stock ROM without root or mods. If you are rooted, then you have to unroot it to receive the official OTA or else you can follow the below step by step guide to flash the VTR-L09C432B184/VTR-L29C432B185 firmware on Huawei P10.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P10. In case if you find the Huawei P10 B184 and B185 Nougat Firmware build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P10, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P10 B184 and B185 Nougat Firmware. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P10
- Model No: VTR-L09/VTR-L29
- Android OS: 7.0
- EMUI Version: 5.0
- Firmware: B184 and B185
- Build Number: VTR-L09C432B184/VTR-L29C432B185
- Region: Europe
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
What’s on Android 7.0 Nougat?
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with a handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
Huawei P10 B184 and B185 Nougat Firmware Changelog:
Integrates Google security patches for improved system security.
- Gallery now features a recycle bin that retains deleted photos for up to 30 days.
- Accidentally deleted photos can be restored with a single touch.
- A new split-screen key on a Facebook instant message banner lets you enter split-screen mode with a single touch without leaving a video in full-screen viewing.
- Adds a security procedure that requires you to enter your lock screen password every three days, helping you to remember your password.
- This update will improve your device’s performance and stability to bring you a better user experience.
VTR-L09C432B185 – Europe (Full ROM)
VTR-L29C432B185 – Europe (Full ROM)
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
Some Useful Tips and Tricks:
- Huawei P10 Stock Firmware Collections
- Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Huawei P10
- How to Install Xposed Framework on Nougat 7.0 and 7.1
- A guide to fix Bootloop Issue Caused by an Incompatible Xposed Module
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device