Huawei started rolling the latest Oreo update for Huawei P10. The update brings the build number VTR-AL00C00B342 / VTR-TL00C00B342 / VKY-TL00C00B342 / VKY-AL00C00B342 (220.127.116.112). The update is currently rolling for China with variant VTR-AL00 / VTR-TL00 / VKY-TL00 / VKY-AL00. Now you can download and install Huawei P10 B342 Oreo Firmware Update by following this guide. The new updated version B342 This update optimizes Bluetooth connectivity, improves WLAN stability, and fixes an issue where some games occasionally froze. The update also integrates the Google security patches released in March 2018 for improved system security.
The update has already rolled via OTA (Over the air) and it is sent in a phase-wise manner. The update may take a couple of days or even weeks to reach every corner of the world.
Talking about the specs, Huawei P10 Plus was launched in February 2017 at an event Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. The smartphone features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 coupled with 6 GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P10 Plus sports a with Dual 12 MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei P10 Plus runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3200mAh power.
Table of Contents
Manually Check Huawei P10 B342 Oreo Firmware Update
If you are waiting for the latest OTA update on your Huawei P10, then you can check the OTA manually. Follow our below guide which can see if you have any OTA on your phone. Before that make sure you are running Official Stock ROM without root or mods installed. If you are rooted, then first you need to unroot your phone.
To check for the OTA, Go to Settings –> About Phone —> System update
This way you can check if you have any OTA update on your Huawei P10. In case if you find the Huawei P10 B342 Oreo Firmware Update build, then you can hit the download button to install the update on your phone.
Before installing any update, make sure you have enough battery backup with at least 50% left. To download the OTA update, your phone must be running a stable WiFi or Data connection.
Recommended: Take Full Backup of any installation or upgrade.
If you still not received the OTA and you want to update manually using the update.zip file on your Huawei P10, then you can follow the below guide. This guide will help you to install Huawei P10 B342 Oreo Firmware Update. The update is simple and easy. Make sure you read and follow the steps properly.
GetDroidTips is not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your device during installation. Do it at your own risk.
- Improves the success rate of Bluetooth pairing. Improves WLAN stability.
- Optimizes the Headset monitoring effect by shortening delays.
- Fixed an issue where Magazine unlock occasionally failed to update.
- Fixed an issue where some games occasionally froze.
- Adds an option to set the screen to remain on at all times. This can be set by going to Settings > Display > Sleep, and touching Never.
- Integrates Google security patches released in Mar 2018 for improved system security.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei P10
- Model No: VTR-AL00 / VTR-TL00
- Android OS: 8.0
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Oreo: 18.104.22.1682
- Firmware: B342
- Build Number: VTR-AL00C00B342 / VTR-TL00C00B342/ VKY-TL00C00B342 / VKY-AL00C00B342
- Region: China
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
VTR-AL00C00B342 – 22.214.171.1242 – China
VTR-TL00C00B342 – 126.96.36.1992 – China
VKY-TL00C00B342 – 188.8.131.522 – China
VKY-AL00C00B342 – 184.108.40.2062 – China
Steps to Install Huawei P10 B342 Oreo Firmware
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei P10, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- This ROM is supported only for Huawei P10 with variant VTR-AL00 / VTR-TL00.
- You need to Activate Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
—–> How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
—–> Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
—–> How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for bricking or damage to your device
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
- How To Root and Install Official TWRP Recovery On Huawei P10
- Huawei P10 and P10 Plus Stock Firmware Collections
- Download Latest Magisk zip, Magisk Manager and Root your phone
- Install Xposed Framework for Android Oreo – Download Xposed v89
- How to Use Android Pay on any rooted or Bootloader Unlocked device