iMessages are one of the simplest reasons for using an iPhone. Apple’s messaging service is end-to-end encrypted, easy to use, and is full of cool features like Memojis. Plus, Apple’s Messages (also referred to as iMessages) allow you to send and receive texts not just on your iPhone, but on all Apple devices, including iPads, Macs, and even the Apple Watch. But for some reason, people occasionally get the deaded iMessage activation error when trying to line iMessages up. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
iMessage expecting Activation Error on iPhone is understood to occur while activating a replacement iPhone, switching Phones or Carriers, after a serious iOS update and other reasons. While the Error Message that we found read ‘An error Occurred during Activation’, users have reported seeing other variations of iMessage Activation error on their iPhones.
iMessage, not working errors are an enormous problem on the iPhone, especially with new iOS updates like iOS 13. during this article, we’ll cover all the explanations why iMessages won’t be working and the way to repair the matter. We’re also getting to check out an identical error: FaceTime expecting activation, which many users also are struggling to resolve. If you’re having problems with FaceTime or iMessage not activating and wondering why they won’t work, this is often the post you would like. Here’s the way to fix the expecting Activation, Activation Unsuccessful, or Unable to attach to the iMessage Server errors on your iPhone.
If we look at this error, several errors appear when activating iMessage or FaceTime. You may get an error as
“An error occurred during activation”
“Could not sign in, please check your network connection”
“Unable to contact the iMessage server”
- Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- 1. Disable Re-Enable iMessage and FaceTime
- 2. Force Reboot your iPhone
- 3. Refresh the Internet Connection
- 4. Use Airplane Mode
- 5. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 8
- 6. Reset Network Settings
- 7. Log Out Apple ID and Log In Again
- 8. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- 9. Do A Factory Reset to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 8
Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
First of all, you need to disable the iMessage and FaceTime app on your iPhone. Wait for a while and then re-enable both the apps and check again.
1. Disable Re-Enable iMessage and FaceTime
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Messages > tap on the toggle to turn iMessage off.
- Next, tap on FaceTime and turn off.
- Restart your iPhone to clear the cache.
- Now, turn on both the iMessage and FaceTime.
- Finally, reboot your handset again to refresh the device system.
2. Force Reboot your iPhone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears.
- Release the key and wait for the device to boot completely.
3. Refresh the Internet Connection
- Head over to the iPhone Settings >> either choose Mobile Data or Wi-Fi >> turn off the toggle.
- Wait for around 10-15 seconds and then turn it on.
- Make sure to restart your handset.
4. Use Airplane Mode
- Go to the device Settings >> turn on the Airplane Mode toggle.
- Wait for a while and turn off the Airplane mode.
- Connect to the mobile data or Wi-Fi and check the iMessage.
5. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 8
- Open Settings from the iPhone home screen.
- Tap on Wi-Fi and make sure that it’s turned on.
- Select the preferred network from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Tap on the “i” icon beside the connected Wi-Fi name.
- Now, tap on Forget this Network option.
- If asked, enter the passcode and proceed.
- After waiting for a few seconds, re-join to the Wi-Fi network and check the iMessage app again.
6. Reset Network Settings
- Launch Settings menu > select General > tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and confirm it.
- Restart your iPhone.
7. Log Out Apple ID and Log In Again
- From the Settings menu > tap on Messages > tap on Send & Receive.
- Select Apple ID > Sign out.
- Wait for a few seconds and then sign in back.
- Go to the iMessage app and try to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
8. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- Head over to the Settings > select General > Tap on Reset.
- Select Reset all settings.
- If asked, enter the passcode > tap on Reset all settings again to continue.
- Restart your handset.
9. Do A Factory Reset to fix iMessage waiting for activation error on iPhone 8
- Open the Settings > tap on General > scroll down to Reset and tap on it.
- Select Erase all contents and settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode to continue.
- Tap on erase all content and settings to confirm.
- Finally, your device will restart. Wait for it.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix Overheating Issues in iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- iPhone 8 Stuck on Apple Logo. How to Fix Boot Loop Issue on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Enter and Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix if Hey Siri isn’t Working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix if iPhone 8 Keeps Losing Wi-Fi Signal
- How to Fix if Camera App Keeps Crashing on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus