Sony started rolling a new firmware update for Sony Xperia XA Ultra Ultra Dual. The update comes with build number 36.0.B.2.146 which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Xperia XA Ultra came out of the box with Android Marshmallow, now you can update to latest released 36.0.B.2.146 Android 6.0 Marshmallow For Xperia XA Ultra. This update brings couple of new changes with bug fix and performance improvements.
The update comes via OTA and if you already have a Stock ROM running on Sony Xperia XA Ultra (F3212) then you can update your phone using this new update to 36.0.B.2.146 Marshmallow update. The update has already started rolling out via OTA for some region and you may receive the update anytime soon on your phone.
Table of Contents
Install 36.0.B.2.146 Android 6.0 Marshmallow For Xperia XA Ultra
If you didn’t receive the notification of the new update, then Go to Settings —> About phone —-> System updates. You may find the new update, but if you still not received the latest update of Android Marshmallow update for Sony Xperia XA Ultra , then head down below and download the latest 36.0.B.2.146 FTF file for Sony Xperia XA Ultra . After downloading the 36.0.B.2.146 FTF, you can install the OTA file manually on your Sony Sony Xperia XA Ultra .
To update manually on Sony Xperia XA Ultra with FTF 36.0.B.2.146 Marshmallow update, you need Sony Flashtool. Download the Sony Flashtool on your computer and follow the guide below on How to Install 36.0.B.2.146 Marshmallow update on Sony Xperia XA Ultra Manually.
What Is In Android 6.0 Marshmallow And Its Feature?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
Supported Device Model Number :
Dual Sim Variant : F3212
- This will work on Sony Xperia XA Ultra , Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
Steps To Install 36.0.B.2.146 Sony Xperia XA Ultra Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off your phone and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of 36.0.B.2.146 Sony Xperia XA Ultra Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update .
Sign up to Xperia Blog forum before you download.
This Article is about installing latest 36.0.B.2.146 Sony Xperia XA Ultra Android 6.0 Marshmallow Update . Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback on 36.0.B.2.146 Marshmallow in the comment section below.