It’s Pie day for Sony device. Sony started rolling Android 9.0 Pie update for Sony Xperia XZ2. We already shared the download link to have the complete firmware build with software version 52.0.A.3.126. If you have still not received the Android 9.0 Pie Update on Sony Xperia XZ2, you can manually install the update on your device.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) globally. If you have the update, then you are one lucky guy to get the update, because rollout is in a phase-wise manner. It can take days, weeks or even a month to reach the update globally for every user. In case if you are not patient like me, then you can manually install Android 9.0 Pie Update on Sony Xperia XZ2. Before that, you can follow our guide to force the latest OTA update.
Before upgrades, let’s check what’s on Android 9.0 Pie and their features.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Features of Android 9.0 Pie:
- Indoor navigation with Wi-Fi RTT
- Gesture Navigation
- App Timer
- Wind Down
- Notch support
- App Actions and Slices
- Lockdown mode
- Zoom in text
- Smarter Notification Channels
- Improvement in messaging apps
- An easier way to take screenshots and edit them
- Auto-Rotate Button
- Dark theme
- Increased security
- Default HTTPS for apps
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices
- Alert tone to notify call recordings
- Media Panel UI change
- Support for HEIF image and HDR VP9 video format
- Autofill in browsers
- 157 new emojis
- Ambient Display for Battery Percentage
- Adaptive Battery
- Adaptive Brightness
- ART improvements
How to Manually Install Android 9.0 Pie Update on Sony Xperia XZ2
If you are looking to install the latest version of Android OS on your device, then please follow this guide below to enjoy Android 9.0 Pie update on Sony Xperia XZ2.[su_note note_color=”#fef3f5″ text_color=”#000000″]Warning: We are not responsible if you brick your device. Do it at your own risk.[/su_note]
Download Firmware Here:
|Build Number||Security Patch or Changelog|
|52.0.A.3.126||December 2018 Security Patch|
|52.0.A.3.27||First Android Pie release with November Patch|
More Model Support will be added soon.
- Firmware Supported for Sony Xperia XZ2.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Make sure that you have Latest Sony USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop.
- Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC.
Method 1: Install via Sony Flash tool:
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer
- Power off and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for a few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of Android 9.0 Pie update on Sony Xperia XZ2.
Method 2: Install via Xperia Companion:
- Make sure you have Xperia Companion v2.1 or later installed on your computer. If not, download the latest Xperia Companion from here
- Start Xperia Companion
- Hold down the ALT key (on the computer) and click on “Software Repair” on the home screen
- Tick the checkbox “My device cannot be detected or started”, then click “Next”
- Wait for the initialization to complete, then follow the instructions on the screen
- The installation process will take about 10-15 minutes, after which your smartphone will reboot with the new Android P OS.
This Article is about installing the Pie firmware on Sony Xperia XZ2. Hope you found this article helpful. Let us know your feedback in the comment section below.