In this post, we bring you the official Google’s GSI images based on Android Q. No need to worry if you don’t have the Pixel devices to try the Android Q initial features. This is why GSI is here. GSI means Generic System image. It can be installed on any Treble-enabled device, irrespective of the manufacturer they belong to. So, as of now google’s official GSI binaries are available which you can try on compatible devices. We have put up the download link for the GSi and the proper installation guide which you can use to flash the Android Q Beta GSI on Treble supported devices.
Keep in mind that as of now Android Q is in its developer preview beta so there are bugs. In case you, install the GSI on any Project treble compatible device, be ready to experience bugs. So, we don’t recommend to perform this modification unless you are testing this or use it as a daily primary driver.
Supported Devices and their bugs:
- OnePlus 3 and 3T
- OnePlus 5 and 5T
- OnePlus 6 and 6T
- Xiaomi Mi 5
- Redmi 4 Prime
- Redmi 4x
- Redmi 3s/3x/Prime (land)
- Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
- Redmi Note 4 sd (mido) (Tested on PE and Lineage-ex vendors)
- Lenovo P2
- Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) (With mokee vendor)
- Mi 6 (sagit)
- LG V30 (h930)
- Redmi 5 Plus (vince) (Tested with cardinal-aosp vendor)
- Redmi 4A (rolex) (crDroid Treble)
- Redmi Note 4X
- Mi Mix 2
- MI 5S
Download Android Q Beta GSI
Here is the link we have put up to download the official Google’s GSI binaries based on Android Q.
You May Also Like,
- Android Pie based GSI Images
- Android Q Top 10 features
- Install Android Q 1st and 2nd Developer Preview Beta
- Android Q: List of Supported Devices
How To Install Android Q Beta GSI..?
Before you start flashing the GSI based on Android Q, you have to keep in mind a few things which we have listed in the section below.
- Your target phone must support Project Treble or runs stock Android 9.0 Pie out-of-the-box.
- The bootloader of your device must be unlocked.
- This guide won’t work on Samsung smartphones running in the US on Snapdragon chipsets, Nokia phones, smartphones from Huawei and its sub-brand Honor.
- You must check which architecture your target device has and similarly use the corresponding GSI image.
- Take a complete backup of your device data before doing any modification.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your system
- A PC/Laptop
GSI Image Installation Guide
Step-1 Download the GSI image depending on your device architecture.
Step-2 Switch of your phone > Connect to PC/Laptop
Step-3 Go to the folder where you installed ADB. Right Click + Shift > Open PowerShell Window here.
Step-4 To enter bootloader give the command
adb reboot bootloader
Step-5 Now to disable AndroidVerified Boot give this command
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
Step-6 Now perform a clean wipe of the system partition with this command
fastboot erase system
Step-7 Now you have to flash theGSI. So, give this command
fastboot flash system system.img
Step-8 Now you have to wipe out the user data partition
Step-9 Now that flashing is done, you have to restart your device. So, give this command.
So, that’s it, guys. If you want to experience the Android Q for test purposes, then go install Android Q Beta GSI on Project Treble Supported devices. We hope this guide was useful to you.