Recently Google released the official version of Android 7.0 Nougat for the Nexus Lineup device. Google also released the Android 7.0 Nougat Source code officially to the public and developers. As we know android is open source project, we can expect Android’s latest iteration Android N on our device anytime soon with a Custom ROM or Cyanogenmod 14 for our device. Today a member of XDA forum has built AOSP Android 7.0 for Mi 3. So Now you can install the latest released Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3 by following the below steps. Last few days back we have updated many smartphones unofficial support of Android Nougat and Even we shared Cyanogenmod 14 Aka CM14 for OnePlus X, OnePlus 3 and Android One. This is a full guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi3. This is a Unofficial AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3 which is built by an XDA member vasishath in XDA Forum. As we have seen many developers are building Android 7.0 Nougat for their device from the Google Android 7.0 Source code, today we have a stable version of Android 7.0 for Xiaomi Mi 3 smartphone.
Just about Everything.
Video recording u need to use this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.footej.camera)
Clock app FC when viewing world cities
SystemUI FC when activating Now-on-Tap (May be fixed if u activate navigation bar using build.prop modification)
Any previous bug present in ZeurionX will be present here as well. I am working to get those ironed out though.
This is Stable build of AOSP Android 7.0 built from the newly released Google Android Source Code by XDA senior member vasishath. This is stable enough to use it has a daily drive. There are few bugs which will be taken care of soon, but that doesn’t mean you will never get AOSP Android 7.0 stable build for Xiaomi Mi 3. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi3. By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Android 7.0 Nougat on Xiaomi Mi 3. Follow the steps below.
What is in Android 7.0 Nougat ?
Android 7.0 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.0 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016 and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update. Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Xiaomi Mi 3 only, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery – Turn your phone off ->Hold Volume Down and Power button simultaneously for few seconds -> You will see the recovery
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP ANDROID 7.0 Nougat
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Kernel and Gapps
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.0 Nougat for Mi 3 Successfully.