This is a full guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One. As we all know, Android 7.0 Nougat is officially released by Google. Developers are preparing to release the Android 7.0 for their device by building Custom ROM based on Android 7.0 Nougat Source code. Even last time we have seen Cyanogenmod has started merging the Android 7.0 Source code to their CM Github with code name CM14 aka Cynogenmod 14. Today we will guide you on to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One. As we already shared Marshmallow ROM for OnePlus One few days back. Today an XDA Senior Member updateing built Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One in XDA forum. This is not a stable build of AOSP 7.0 Nougat. So install it on your own risk. Here are the list of what’s working and what’s not working.
28th AUGUST 2016 ROM build : [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://mega.nz/#!XdlXFDBQ!p7E0N64IEkGHn4GBzOZQDTCgR4KdD00O0dRwJlEnvcw”]DOWNLOAD ANDROID 7.0[/button] [button color=”red” size=”22px” type=”square” target=”blank” link=”https://opengapps.org”]DOWNLOAD 7.0 GAPPS[/button]
Basic hardware functionality:
Almost everything works, except video hardware encoding, which causes camcorder to fail. HW decoding works though. I didn’t find more hardware failures, but there can be more.
And remember, the proprietary firmwares and blobs are still in the age of Marshmallow, and a system won’t be complete without corresponding firmwares and blobs.
1. HW disk encryption is likely broken. I reverted some commits to make cryptfs_hw build, but I’m not sure if that works. Do not try it.
2. SELinux is permissive, and init allows service without a SELinux domain to start.
3. GPS may take longer to obtain a position fix. (yes it’s working… sorry for the misunderstanding)
4. Only Launcher2 is included. You may install a new one as you like.
5. No LiveDisplay and gestures except DT2W (DT2W can not be turned off via Settings app for now). Color calibration is possible, see FAQ below.
This is an alpha build of AOSP Android 7.0 built from the newly released Google Android Source Code. This is not stable enough to use it has a daily drive, But that doesn’t mean you will never get AOSP Android 7.0 stable build for OnePlus One. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One.
What is in Android 7.0 Nougat ?
Android 7.0 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.0 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016 and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update. Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on OnePlus One Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
CHANGELOG OF LATEST BUILD OF ANDROID 7.0 FOR ONEPLUS ONE
Fixed crash in World Clock page when selecting countries/regions
Fixed hang in Developer Settings when the ROM is installed as secondary
Fixed crash when taking photos with HDR on
Added support for kexec
Fixed default input method FC
Remove com.qti.dpmservices to prevent FC
Dev: updated build system to finally automate everything
Steps for How to Install AOSP Android 7.0 Nougat for OnePlus One
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom ROM, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP ANDROID 7.0 Nougat
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.0 on OnePlus One Successfully.