Post Updated on 23rd February 2017 – We added new version of Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Sony Xperia SP. Now Download the latest AOSP build of Android 7.1.1 Nougat For Sony Xperia SP. Follow the guide on How to Download and Install below.
We already have posted the latest Unofficial AOSP 7.0 Nougat for Galaxy Tab S, Nexus 4,Nexus 5, Jiayu S3 Plus and OnePlus One Smartphone. After Xperia M, Today an XDA Recognized developer Adrian DC has built Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Sony Xperia SP from the Android Nougat Source Code. The ROM is not a stable ROM to use it has a daily driver. This is a full guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Sony Xperia SP. As we all know, Android 7.1.1 Nougat is officially released by Google. But now you can install the Unofficial Nougat ROM for Sony Xperia SP. Developers are preparing to release the Android 7.1.1 for their device by building Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat Source code. 2 days back we have seen Cyanogenmod has started merging the Android 7.1.1 Source code to their CM Github with code name CM14 aka Cyanogenmod 14. Today we will guide you on to Install AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Sony Xperia SP. As we said, this has some bugs, So install it on your own risk. Here are the list of what’s working and what’s not working.
This is a Alpha build of AOSP Android 7.1.1 built from the newly released Google Android Source Code. Stable enough to use it has a daily drive, As the developer trying to make it more stable. You can expect some bugs, So please share the feedbacks and bug reports on the original forum. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How to Install AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Sony Xperia SP.
The Developer has put all his effort to bring this alpha Android 7.1.1 For Sony Xperia SP. So please try Android 7.1.1 For Sony Xperia SP and Give the feedback related to bugs except which is already listed here. You can leave the comment on the original source of Android 7.1.1 For Sony Xperia SP
What is in Android 7.1.1 Nougat ?
Android 7.1.1 Nougat was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2016. This is the seventh major version of the Android operating system. Google first released Android 7.1.1 Nougat has a beta build on March 9, 2016 and it was officially released on August 22, 2016. This has a huge incremental and feature on this new update. Android Nougat comes with features such as Quick Switching between recent apps, Split Screen Mode, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- 07/02 : New release on Android 7.1.1_r20 sources (February CVE patches / Pixel)
- 29/01 : Updated device sources, fixed AOSP Recovery build
- 07/01 : New release on Android 7.1.1_r9 sources (January CVE patches)
- 30/12 : Updated device sources, restored Double power to Camera option
- 13/12 : New release on Android 7.1.1_r6 sources
- 09/12 : Updated device sources, tethering kernel support added for AOSP 7.1.1
- 07/12 : New release on Android 7.1.1_r4 sources (About)
- 25/11 : Some Pixel colours and round icons, Downloads play/pause, minor fixes (About)
- 16/11 : Google SetupWizard fixes, minor improvements, dexopt disabled (About)
- 12/11 : Original RIL, USSD fixed, cleanups, Android 7.1.0_r7 (About)
- 29/10 : Sources improvements and working camcorder (About)
- 24/10 : Updated release for Huashan, Android 7.1.0_r4 (About)
- 17/10 : Updated release for Huashan, Android 188.8.131.52_r14 (About)
- 28/08 : Initial release for Huashan, Android 184.108.40.206_r1
- Overall : Stable, mostly usable. See features list for known issues.
Features and Issues – Here is the list of What’s working, Work in Progress, and not working.
- Boot : Ok - Bootanimation : Ok - GApps : DeltaGapps acceptable, unstable, backuptool unsure (reflash with ROM) - GPS : Unknown - WiFi : Ok (real SONY MAC address) - Bluetooth : Ok (real SONY MAC address) - WiFi Hotspot : Ok (2.4GHz and 5GHz) - RIL - Phone - Data : Ok, USSD could be broken - Camera : Ok - Camcorder : Broken - Accelerometer : Ok - Compass : Ok - Gyroscope : Ok - AOSP sensors : Ok - FM Radio : Soon - LEDs : Ok - Vibrator : Ok - Microphone : Ok - Audio & external audio : Ok - Bluetooth audio : Ok - NFC : Ok - Kernel : Ok, stable - Graphics : Ok - 3D Rendering : Ok - Offline Charging : Ok - SEPolicies : Fully enforced. Work in progress
- This will work on Sony Xperia SP Device. Doesn’t support Dual Model.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Sony Xperia SP
- First of all, you need to Boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom ROM, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Android 7.1.1 on Sony Xperia SP Successfully.