Good News for all Honor 6X Owners. Now we have a new Custom ROM based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow called Resurrection Remix for Honor 6X. Follow the below guide on How to Install Custom ROM Resurrection Remix on Honor 6X. This ROM has built from Lineage OS 13 base and contains all the bugs from LineageOS 13. If you are a fan of Custom ROM, then try this ROM which has all the handpicked features from Lineage, CM, AOKP, etc in one single packed ROM called Resurrection Remix.
How to Install Custom ROM Resurrection Remix on Honor 6X
This ROM is an unofficial built by hackslash, Senior Member in XDA Forum from Google and Lineage Source Code. The ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with many Custom features from Resurrection Remix on Honor 6X. Install the Unofficial Build of Resurrection Remix on Honor 6X based Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial Resurrection Remix on Honor 6X. If you want to tryResurrection Remix then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Unofficial Resurrection Remix on Honor 6X.
With the new Resurrection Remix, you can enjoy all the latest features which comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow as well as LineageOS, AOKP, CM, and other custom ROM features. This is an unofficially released custom ROM by hackslash, Senior Member of XDA forum. The ROM is Stable enough to use it has a daily driver. Now Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix 5.7.4 for Honor 6X. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Unofficial Resurrection Remix for Honor 6X.
About Huawei Honor 6X:
Honor 6X was launched in October 2016 which comes with 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core Kirin 655 processor coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM model. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 128GB via microSD card. The main selling point of Honor 6X is the camera which comes with 12MP Dual Camera setup and 8MP front shooting camera.
Honor 6X runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with a non removable battery of 3340mAh power. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
About Resurrection Remix :
Resurrection Remix is a combination of the stability provided by CM and features from Slim, Omni and original Remix builds providing an awesome combination of performance, customization, power and the newest features brought directly to your device.This ROM is an ultimately full featured , stable and combined with the best features of open source roms .we are also providing lot of awesome original Resurrection Remix ROM add-on s in the builds. includes best of performance, customization, power and the newest features on your device! It is one of the most customizable ROMs out-of-the-box!
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
ALSO CHECK RELATED POST:
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 6X
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 6X
- How to install LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X (CyanogenMod 13)
- This will work on Honor 6X Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Touchscreen (for all it matters)
- Dual SIM (not tested though device reports dual sim support present)
- SD Card slot
- Cellular Network
- Camera (1080p recording is shaky, will look into it)
- And other things which I probably always miss to check
- All Lineage OS 13 bugs.
- Bluetooth not working
- Inaccurate picture dimensions shot by Camera
Steps for How to Install Unofficial Resurrection Remix for Honor 6XDOWNLOAD RESURRECTION REMIX DOWNLOAD GAPPS
Before installing Resurrection Remix on Huawei Honor 6X, first you need to delete all fingerprints enrolled in EMUI and then Install TWRP and Format Data Encryption by going to Wipe -> Format Data. Please keep in mind that formatting /data means that you’ll lose everything on the device, that’s why I recommend you to store your backups elsewhere (Computer, USB OTG), do it before installing our TWRP.
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom rom, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Resurrection Remix
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Resurrection Remix for Honor 6X Successfully.
Steps for How to Root Honor 6X
Here is the step for how to root Honor 6X, This step is simple as you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SUperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory
- Now Boot into Recovery
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.