In this tutorial, we will show you how to install GBA emulators in iOS 13. Games like the Super Mario Bros and Pokemon series are bound to take any gamer down the memory lanes. Many of our readers might have already tried their hands on the ever-popular Game Boy Advanced, or more popularly known as GBA, as well as the aforementioned games. However, with the changing times, smartphones have become the new all-in-one gadget, and the GBA slowly but surely shifted to oblivion.
And it is near about impossible tasks nowadays to get hold of an emulator. But fret not. If you have an Apple device running iOS 13 or later builds, you could hold off your search for a Game Boy. In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to install GBA emulators in iOS 13. Furthermore, we will also have an in-depth discussion about these emulators and share four different ways to install the GBA4iOS on your Apple devices. So fasten up your seatbelts and get ready for a nostalgic ride.
- What is GBA?
- What is GBA Emulator?
- How to Install GBA Emulators in iOS13
- Final Words
What is GBA?
GBA or Game Boy Emulator is a 32bit gaming console and is the brainchild of Nintendo. Right from its development to manufacturing and marketing is taken care of by the latter. There were are a plethora of games that you could try out in this emulator. Some of the most famous titles included Sims 2, Super Mario Advance series, Pokemon Series, Legend of Zelda. While most of the games were 2D, yet some developers even managed to run 3D games.
This pushed the GBA to its core and resulted in graphics and resource-intensive usage. However, on the plus side, users could get a taste of various ports of Doom and racing games like GT Advance Championship Racing. Some of its noteworthy features include the backward compatibility of 8-bit and 16-bit systems. So even if your favorite game isn’t available in its 32-bit architecture, you could easily port its 8-bit or 16-bit versions.
Likewise, its graphical capabilities and battery life were also worth commendable. With so many goodies to offer, it is no doubt that Apple users are looking for a port of these games onto their devices. And their search should stop right here. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install GBA emulators in iOS 13. But first, let’s check out what exactly these emulators are.
What is GBA Emulator?
While the emulator could both be a hardware and software component, this guide will use the former. Using a software application installed on the guest device, an emulator emulates and provides the host games and apps to be effectively run on the guest devices.
Let’s consider the GBA emulator for iOS 13 devices. It creates an environment along with the necessary compatible add-ons that make it possible for various GBA-specific games to be run on your iPhone devices. With that said, this guide will outline the steps to install one of the most popular GBA emulators on your iOS 13 device. Follow along.
How to Install GBA Emulators in iOS13
While there are quite a few emulators for your Apple devices, yet none managed to impress us more than the GBA4iOS. Therefore in this guide, we will list four different methods through which you could install this emulator onto your device.
Just keep in mind that while the emulator might be free and legal to download, the same cannot be said for its ROMs, i.e., game files. You will have to purchase or download them legally from the concerned sites. With that said, here are the four different methods to install the GBA4iOS GBA emulators on your iOS 13 device. Proceed with the one that you feel most comfortable with.
When you try any of the four methods and install its associated app, then you might be greeted with the Untrusted Developer Error. Here is what needs to be done in that regard:
- Head over to the Settings Page on your Apple devices.
- Then go to the General section and tap on Profiles.
- Within that, search for the App’s Developer Name that was displayed the Untrusted Developer error.
- Tap on its name and then tap on Trust.
That’s it. You have now effectively dealt with this error and could now proceed with the installation steps.
Method 1: Install GBA Emulator via the AppValley Installer
- Download and install the AppValley application on your device.
- Launch it, and you might be greeted with the Untrusted Developer Error; rectify it as mentioned above.
- Now within the AppValley, search for GBA4iOS.
- Tap on it from the results and install it.
- When that is done, launch the app and then browse and install your preferred titles.
Method 2: Install iOS 13 GBA Emulators Using the TweakBox App
- Download and install the TweakBox app on your device.
- Launch it, and you might get the Untrusted Developer Error. Rectify it using the steps given in the Prerequisites section.
- Once that is done, head over to the Apps section and search for the GBA4iOS tweak.
- In the search result, you should get the GBA4iOS app. Tap on it to install it.
- Then launch the app, find your favorite games, and install it right away.
Till now, we have checked two different methods to install the GBA emulators on your iOS 13 device. Let’s now check out the other two.
Method 3: Try out the GBA Emulators on iOS 13 via Alt Store
- Using the Safari browser, download the GBA4iOS IPA File on your device.
- Then download and install the Alt Store on your iOS device.
- Launch it and tap on the Plus icon situated at the top.
- It will list out all the downloaded IPA files, select the GBA4iOS.IPA one.
- If this is the first time you are installing apps via the Alt Store, you will have to enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Wait for the app to be installed, and when that is done, you should see the GBA4iOS app icon on your device.
- Launch it and start searching for your preferred game, and finally hit the Install button to try it out.
Method 4: Install iOS 13 GBA Emulators Using the Ignition App
- To begin with, download and install the Ignition app on your Apple device.
- Launch it, and chances are you might be again be greeted with the said message. So make sure to enable the Trust option on that developer using the instructions given above.
- After this, go to the second tab and scroll to the Emulators section.
- Search for GBA4iOS, tap on the Get button, and wait for the app to be installed.
- When done, launch the app and install and try out your favorite games without any fuss.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to install GBA emulators on your iOS 13 device. We have explained everything in depth regarding these emulators and what are their functions. This tutorial has focused on the GBA4iOS app and listed out four different installation methods. Do let us know in the comments which method you ultimately settled for. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that you should check out as well.