In this tutorial, we will guide you to install the Google Play Store or GMS on your Honor Magic 3 and Magic 3 Pro. Due to the ongoing US-China Trade War, quite a few parties are at a loss. Among them, Huawei, and particularly its user base, seems to be the most affected one.
Without digging deep into the political repercussions, this slugfest has resulted in the OEM’s restriction or ban on using the Google Mobile Services, popularly known as GSM. For the unknown, GMS is the Google apps package that comes pre-bundled on Android devices. These aren’t a part of the Android Open Source Project, and as a result, every OEM has to take a license from Google to incorporate this GMS onto their devices.
Now since Huawei isn’t allowed, as of now, to use the GSM, hence users are losing on all the goodies. In other words, there will be no Play Store, YouTube, Google App, Photos, and any and every app provided by Google. We guess that’s the worst thing that could happen to any Android device. However, thanks to the Android open-source nature, there’s always a way out, and right now, it’s no different. With a pretty handy tweak, you could now easily install the Google Play Store or GMS on your Honor Magic 3 and Magic 3 Pro.
How to Install Google Play Store or GMS on Honor Magic 3 and Magic 3 Pro
Before going ahead, let’s make one thing clear. You can’t simply install the Play Store or any Google Apps simply by sideloading it on your device. Because of this, you at least need to have the basic Google services framework, which unfortunately is absent in the above-mentioned Huawei devices. However, with this nifty trick, you could enjoy all the Google apps. Here is what needs to be done for that.
- Download the Huawei HiSuite on your PC.
- Next up, download the Lazy App and Google Apps from here.
- You will also need to have a Windows PC or laptop.
Steps to Install Google Play Store on Honor Magic 3 and Magic 3 Pro 5G
- First of all, install the Huawei PC Suite on your PC.
- Now connect your device to a PC and set your device to the File Transfer Mode.
- Once that is done, head over to Settings and search for HDB.
- From the drop-down results that appear, select Allow HiSuite to use the HDB option.
- Wait for a few seconds until your device connects to the PC via the HiSuite.
- As soon as the connection is established, you should see the below HiSuite screen appear on your PC.
- Next, download and extract the LZPlay app on your PC. In doing so, a password prompt will appear. Enter a12345678 as the password. With this, the first part of the LZPLAY installation has been completed.
- Unzip the Google Play Apps compressed file and transfer it to your device’s internal memory.
- Head over to your Huawei device and, using the file manager app, install all the six apps that you have just copied in the previous step.
- Install all these apps one by one and give them all the necessary permissions. The order of the installation doesn’t matter, just make sure that you grant all the permissions.
- Once that is done, launch the LZPlay app on your device. Press Activate and ignore all the exclamations that you are presented with, in the subsequent menus.
- Now click on Restart and that’s it, you have now installed Google Play Store on your Honor Magic 3 and Magic 3 Pro.
- You will now have to register your current device ID with Google. You could easily do the same by following the instructions given in the below tutorial video.
So this was all from this guide. We hope that you were successful in installing the Google Play Store or GMS on your Honor Magic 3 and Magic 3 Pro. If you’re stuck at any steps and need any help, kindly drop in your queries in the comments section below. On that note, you should also check out our iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick.