Xiaomi doesn’t need any introduction in the present scenario. They are known to bring smartphones to the markets that have amazed so many people all over the world in terms of their features and the price at which Xiaomi make them available. In fact, the Chinese manufacturer always has something new for the users. This is a guide to install Google Play Store on MIUI 9.
The recent launch of MIUI 9 has bought the smile on many users of Xiaomi devices. Although it’s a Chinese ROM and Global ROM is expected to launch very soon, we know many users of Xiaomi devices cannot find themselves in a position to have some patience for enjoying MIUI 9 on their devices. Well, if you are one among them who has already installed Chinese Rom on your device, we guide you in this post on how to install Google Play store on MIUI 9.
How to install Google Play Store on MIUI 9
The fact is MIUI 9 Chinese ROM don’t have Google Play store on it. MIUI 9 is a powerful platform which if combined with the Play Store can add a lot to your smartphone. The guide we have mentioned in this post doesn’t need you to install TWRP or root your device. Basically, all you need to do is to run the MI app Store on your device from where Play Store can easily be installed.
A lot of people don’t know what exactly Play Store can bring on MIUI 9 Chinese ROM. Well, if you are a fan of popular apps such as Chrome, YouTube or other similar apps, you must go for it. The guide we mentioned in this post works well on the devices which are having MIUI 9 or MIUI 8.
Installing Play Store on your MIUI 9
- Before you proceed with anything, the first thing to do is enabling the option for installing apps from third party sources. For this, click the main settings of the device. You will find “Additional Settings” option in it. Click the same and then click “Privacy”. From this, you can choose to enable installing apps from third party sources. The option is named as “Unknown sources”
- From the Home screen of your device, simply open the App MI App store. It lets you download the Google Installer app on your smartphone which further enables you to have any app you want on your device.
- After opening the app, make a search with the keyword “Google” on the bar you find on the top.
- On the search page, you will find an icon similar to the Play Store. Simply tap on it and install.
- Let the installation complete post which you can open and run it.
- You will see a novel page on your screen having a blue circle.
- Simply tap on it. This will begin the installation process. You will see a total 6 files will be installed on your smartphone. This includes:
- Google Play Store
- Google Contacts
- Google Framework
- Google Calendar
- Google Play Services
- Google Contacts Sync
- A red circle will appear on the screen with a message “Google Play” after all the apps declare their presence on your device. This is basically an indication that Play Store has been installed on your widget.
- You can now install any app or game from the Play Store to your device.
This is a safe as well as a trusted method. Also, it’s very quick and thus you can go with it without worrying about anything.