Last updated on August 4th, 2019 at 12:40 pm
Good News for all Samsung Galaxy J2 (SM-J200H) owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2 (CM14.1 base ROM). Check the full differences between Stock and Custom ROM here.
This ROM is developed by an XDA member Samankh, Full Credits to him for his hard work. He claims that this is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Samsung Galaxy J2, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1.2 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Samsung Galaxy J2. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2 which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy J2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1.2 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy J2 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Stock Firmware Collections (SM-J200F/H/M/G)
- How to Root Samsung Galaxy J2 Prime SM-G532F/M/G
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Samsung Galaxy J2:
- First of all, install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 14.1 on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.