Good News for all Honor 6X Customer. Today i will be sharing you a Custom ROM called LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X. This ROM is an unofficial built by XePeleato, Member in XDA Forum from Google and Lineage Source Code. The ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with many Custom features from LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X. Install the Unofficial Build of LineageOS 13 on Honor 6X. This is in a beta testing stage which has couple of bugs and can’t be relied as daily drive. Check the below known bugs. If you have a full backup of your present ROM, then you can try this latest LineageOS 13 on Honor 6X.
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial LineageOS 13 on Honor 6X. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install LineageOS 13 on Honor 6X.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Honor 6X, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. This is an unofficially released custom ROM by XePeleato, Member of XDA forum. The ROM is not in a Stable state and cannot be used as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Official LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X.
Install the Custom ROM LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow). Follow the steps below.
Table of Contents
About Huawei Honor 6X:
Honor 6X was launched in October 2016 which comes with 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.7GHz octa-core Kirin 655 processor coupled with 3GB/4GB RAM model. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded upto 128GB via microSD card. The main selling point of Honor 6X is the camera which comes with 12MP Dual Camera setup and 8MP front shooting camera.
Honor 6X runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box with a non removable battery of 3340mAh power. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slot. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G and 4G.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 6.0 Marshmallow ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Honor 6X
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Honor 6X
- This will work on Honor 6X Device, Don’t Try this in Any other device
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Slow data connection (LTE not getting activated correctly)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Overall stability
Steps for How to Install LineageOS 13 for Honor 6XDOWNLOAD LINEAGEOS 13 DOWNLOAD GAPPS
Before installing Lineage OS 13 on Huawei Honor 6X, first you need to delete all fingerprints enrolled in EMUI and then Install TWRP and Format Data Encryption by going to Wipe -> Format Data. Please keep in mind that formatting /data means that you’ll lose everything on the device, that’s why I recommend you to store your backups elsewhere (Computer, USB OTG), do it before installing our TWRP.
- First of all, you need to boot into Recovery -> First Switch off your phone -> Press the Recovery Key combination Volume Down + Power Button simultaneously -> You will see the recovery option (In Some Brand, Volume Up and Power button)
- Before installing the custom rom, its better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Cyanogenmod 13
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom rom zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- For Google Gapps install the Google Gapps Zip using the same process
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have LineageOS 13 for Honor 6X Successfully.
Steps for How to Root Honor 6X
Here is the step for how to root Honor 6X, This step is simple as you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SUperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory
- Now Boot into Recovery
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.