OnePlus 6 came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo with OxygenOS and later upgraded Android Pie. Today we have something new for OnePlus 6 users. If you love custom ROM, then you probably may have heard about the MIUI ROM. Here we will guide on how to install MIUI 10 On OnePlus 6. Well, this ROM is based on the Android Pie.
MIUI ROM is one of the aftermarket firmware which is created by Xiaomi and also supported for many Non-Xiaomi devices. Earlier we had also shared MIUI 8 and 9 for OnePlus 6.
Xiaomi recently rolled the MIUI 10 for their supported Xiaomi device. If you are a OnePlus 6 users, then you can now install the unofficial ported MIUI 10 on OnePlus 6 with our simple guide. Follow our guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 on OnePlus 6. Full Credits to the developer and his dedicated work to bring the MIUI 10 ROM for OnePlus 6.
How To Install MIUI 10 On OnePlus 6
This ROM is ported the MIUI 10 to the OnePlus 6, but the developer also claims that this is still in beta stage. With this MIUI 10, you can enjoy the flavor and features such full-screen gestures, a dynamic wake-up ringtone that changes style based on the weather condition and time and also includes several other AI-related features which may favor Chinese users.
To install this ROM on your phone, you need to unlock the bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 6 smartphone. If you already have the TWRP, then you can simply skip the TWRP Recovery and Bootloader unlock setup and straightly dive into the ROM installation process.
Steps to Install MIUI 10 on OnePlus 6:
Before following the guide, make sure you have downloaded the ROM zip file and moved it to the root directory of internal storage.
- Supported device: OnePlus 6
- Battery Power: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup before flashing: Take Full Backup before flashing this on your phone: (You can try any backup method given below)
- Drivers: Download OnePlus USB Drivers on your PC
- ROM package: Download MIUI 10
Instructions to install ROM:
- Skip the Second and Third step if you already have TWRP Recovery on your phone.
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 6
- Now install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 6. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the MIUI 10 ROM for OnePlus 6 and move it to the root of the internal memory.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the MIUI 10 on OnePlus 6. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
OnePlus 6 Specifications:
After the success of OnePlus 5T, OnePlus has finally launched their new successor OnePlus 6. With the OnePlus 6, the company has stepped further with the design and build quality. The notch at the top of the edge-to-edge display and glass design in the back. OnePlus 6 features a 6.28-inch AMOLED display with 2280 X 1080 pixels resolution. OP 6 camera section packs a really powerful 20 MP +16 MP vertical dual camera on the rear end. It also has a 16-MP front face camera. The camera has features like OIS, super slo-mo and portrait mode. Out-of-the-box OnePlus 6 runs on OxygenOS Android 8.1. Oreo.