Xiaomi is currently rolling the MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM for its various smartphones. It brings various new features like Mi Mover that supports data migration restarting. Another new attribute is distance sensor dynamic calibration function for ensuring black screen appears correctly.Lots of optimizations are included for the App Lock, user interface, home screen. Follow the changelog below to know more in details about what the MIUI 9.2 has to offer. Although currently, it is available for a few devices, official sources assure soon it will knock into other Xiaomi devices as well.
MIUI 9 is the latest native custom skin from Xiaomi running on the current versions of Android OS. It brings efficient and versatile features like photo editor, fast app loading, Mi Drop file transfer etc. Other supporting feature includes App shortcut, split screen, theme packs etc. The latest MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM will gradually roll out over-the-air(OTA) for devices which are running on Stable ROM. Along with that, we have put up the download links for the Recovery files and fastboot ROM for all those Xiaomi devices that will receive MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM. We have also put forth the tutorial and required tools to install the latest MIUI 9.2 Stable ROM.
Download MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM for Xiaomi Devices
Here are the links to download the MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM fastboot ROM and Recovery files for various Xiaomi devices.
- Redmi Note 5A Prime/ Redmi Y1 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Mi Mix 2 | Fastboot | Recovery
- Redmi Note 5A/ Redmi Y1 Lite | Fastboot | Recovery
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 | Recovery
- Redmi 5 Plus | Recovery
Here is the full changelog from Xiaomi that mentions the new features and optimizations that accompanies the latest MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM.
- Mi Mover supports data migration restarting. During migrating data to the new phone, device hotspot connection will be restored automatically in case of interruption
- Simplified User Interface
- Optimization for “Add to favorites” icon
- New distance sensor dynamic calibration function to ensure that black screen appears correctly.
- App lock supports hiding messages from selected apps
- Vibration no longer affects the features which reduce ring volume when the phone is lifted to silence
- Adjust time for tapping the Lock screen notifications
- Multiple themes supporting the clock widget.
- Moving app icons into a folder is now easier.
- Adding widgets to an empty spot with a single tap.
- Themes prompt about connecting to the internet when it’s required.
- Fix for the image getting compressed multiple times.
- Mi Mover can now migrate all apps to the new phone.
- Reduction in the number of push notifications after the user signs out.
- Received files are sorted by time.
- Big GIFs are now easily loaded
- “Apps” support updates now.
How To Install MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM On Xiaomi Devices
You can flash the latest MIUI 9.2 Global ROM using the Mi Flash Tool. But before moving ahead with the installation, carefully follow the points stated below.
- Make sure your device has full battery charge to avoid interruption during flashing.
- Take a full backup of your device data before updating to latest ROM.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible if any damage occurs to your phone during flashing the ROMs.
Now let’s move on to the steps of flashing the latest MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM.
Install The Latest MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM Using Mi Flash Tool
Step-1 Download Latest MIUI flash Tool.
Step-2 Switch off your phone.
Step-3 Long press the Volume key+Power button to enter your device into Fastboot mode.
Step-4 Connect your smartphone to the PC/laptop using a USB cable.
Step-5 Extract the files on the respective ROM file for your phone.
Step-6 Open the folder where the extracted files of the ROM zip file and copy its path on the computer.
Step-7 Now Open Mi flash Tool.
Step-8 Into the address bar paste the extracted ROM folder path copied in the previous step.
Step-9 Click on the Refresh button so that Mi Flash will automatically recognize the device.
Step-10 Now, click the Flash button to flash the ROM file. Wait for some time as the process finishes
Below is a screenshot of the Mi flash Tool performing the flashing. You can follow it as a reference.
So, that’s about it. If your device is listed above, go grab the latest MIUI 9.2 Global Stable ROM and flash it. Else, wait for the OTA or till the downloadable files are made available.
Follow GetDroidTips for latest MIUI updates and ROMs for all Xiaomi smartphones.