Good News for all, Lineage OS builds have finally released the Offical Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE). Now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE). Follow the below given guide on How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE).
After Cyanogen closed down the company and even all the services including CyanogenMod, a new LineageOS was born by rebranding the CyanogenMod and the company has started developing the new ROM for couple of devices including Nexus Brand and Other supported OEM. The Company behind LinlgeageOS has started rolling the official LineageOS 14.1 for couple of devices in the first phase. In their Official Blog, Lineage OS has stated that the official builds are planned for more than eighty devices.
In this guide we will guide you on how to install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE). Lineage OS is remake of the earlier released CyanogenMod 14.1 aka CM14.1. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat which bundles with couple of extra feature integrated from CM14.1 and Nougat itself. The ROM is in experimental and Nightly build which may have few bugs but can be used as a daily drive without any problem.
If you are coming from CM14.1 aka Cyanogenmod 14.1, the developer has made the migration from CM13 or CM14 with hassle free by developing the Experimental data migration builds. So now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE) without performing factory reset. In the experimental build, developer has created a Ugly watermark reminding the users not to use the experimental build has a daily drive, but should treat has a stepping stone for migrating Lineage OS. To enjoy the LineageOS we recommend you to either flash the Nightly build or Weekly build.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE) (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE) (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the Lineage OS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded Lineage OS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the Lineage OS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Official Lineage OS on Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 (LTE) (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.