As the month comes to an end, OnePlus rolls out another open beta. OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 5/3 is now rolling. It brings gesture switcher and latest CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218. The most notable feature is the SMS categorization which is now enabled in the Indian region. Also, the OEM removes the clipboard feature on demand of the user’s feedback with the current beta. OnePlus 5T also now adds up the navigation gesture for enabling navigation bar on users choice. A fortnight ago, the OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 4/2 was rolled out by OnePlus.
The update is seeding via OTA (Over the Air) to all the OnePlus 5/5T users. It will gradually drop into in all regions. If you are in previous Open Beta build then only you can receive this upgrade as over-the-air (OTA) update. Otherwise, you have to manually flash the software update on your device. Below we have provided the official link to grab the latest OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 5/3 update from OnePlus servers. You can download and install it manually. We have put up a brief tutorial for the same later in this post. Please note that this software update is in its beta version. These can be sometimes unstable and you may experience bugs.
Changelog: OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 5/3
The changelog is quite impressive as it brings important changes to the devices with the latest OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 5/3. Let’s take a look at that in details.
- Added pick-up gesture switcher to choose which way you slide to pick up a phone call
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Removes Clipboard function
- Latest CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218
- New SMS categorization function to auto-sort your SMS messages for Indian region only
- OnePlus 5T adds navigation gestures to enable or disable the navigation bar.
Download Latest OxygenOs OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 5/3
If you are eligible for receiving the OTA update, Go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software updates. Check for the official OTA update on your phone.
Otherwise, here are the links to OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 5/3 OTA zip files. You will have to manually download and install them.
- OnePlus 5 OxygenOS Open Beta 5 OTA Firmware | Download | [zip file]
- OxygenOS OnePlus 5T Open Beta 3 OTA Firmware | Download | [zip file]
How To Manually Install OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T open Beta 5/3
You can use ADB sideloading method to flash the OxygenOS OnePlus 5/5T Open Beta 5/3. Before getting ahead with the OTA flashing process.
- This Update is only for OnePlus 5/5T devices.
- GetDroidTips is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a full backup of your phone and then proceed.
Now, follow the link below to manually install the latest Open Beta OS.
So, that’s about it. Follow the steps and install the latest OnePlus Open Beta OTA update. Let us know in the comment section if you have any queries regarding this.
Follow GetDroidTips to get latest OxygenOS updates and downloads for all OnePlus devices.