The Official OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3 is now available for users. Recently the company released the Android Nougat update for OnePlus 3. OxygenOS Open Beta 12 update is packed with latest Android 7.1.1 Update, New Shot on OnePlus wallpaper option, Gallery Improvements, and other improvement and fixes.
If you are opted for the beta test and have any of the earlier beta version of Open Beta 10 or 11 on OnePlus 3, then you will receive the OTA update of OxygenOS Open Beta 12 on OnePlus 3. If you can’t wait for the OTA and want to update manually, then download the OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3 from below link. Follow the full guide on How to Update OxygenOS on OnePlus 3 manually with Open Beta 12.
Last time we had updated the release of OxygenOS Open Beta 11 for OnePlus 3 and now here we have the upgraded Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Open Beta 12. You can flash the OxygenOS Beta 12 OTA on OnePlus 3 via ADB Sideload or directly from recovery. Once you flash the latest OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3, you will start receiving the OTA update of all future update of OxygenOS Open Beta release.
As this is not Over-the -air update, so you will have to download the ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version, there may be some bugs. OnePlus said that there might be wonky functionality or many not work correctly. Also, there may be some performance issues.
- Upgraded to Android 7.1.1.
- New Shot on OnePlus wallpaper option.
- Gallery Improvements.
- New photo editor with watermark and photo straightening options.
- Newly added media will be highlighted in Photos section.
- Image location will be displayed on grid view.
- Media can be grouped by month and year.
- Folders and individual media can be hidden.
- General bug fixes.
Known Issues and Fixes
- Android pay not able to work on London TFL/Tube.
- This can be resolved by updating the app via Play store.
- Compatability issues with certain third party apps.
If you’ve already flashed a previous Open Beta build, you will receive this update via OTA. If you haven’t, you will need to flash this build by ADB sideload. Your data may transfer, but there is always a possibility of losing personal data, so be sure to backup all of your important data before flashing this build. As stated before, once you flash the Open Beta, you’ll continue getting Open Beta OTAs.
- How to Install HydrogenOS 3.0 on OnePlus 3 (Android 7.0 Nougat)
- Download And Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On OnePlus 3/3T
- How To Disable Dm-Verity Warning On OnePlus 3T
- OnePlus 3 Stock Firmware Collections
- Download OxygenOS 4.0.3 For OnePlus 3 (OTA + Full ROM)
- Download And Install OxygenOS Open Beta 11 For OnePlus 3
- This Update is only for OnePlus 3 users.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Install OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3
- First of all enable the Developer Option, To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Download and Install ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac.
- Extract the OxygenOs Open Beta 12.Zip file.
- Copy the Extracted OxygenOs Open Beta 12 files to folder where adb installed.
- Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do this, shut down your device and turn it back on while holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
- Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac using the USB Cable.
- Now in your PC, open the extract ADB Fastboot folder and Press and hold Shift key and Right click on your mouse to open the command prompt window.
- Now type the command in your command window.
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK.
- Now flash the OxygenOS Open Beta 12 Zip file using the below command. (filename is the downloaded zip file name)
For Windows: “adb sideload <filename>”
For Mac/Linux: “/adb sideload <filename>"
Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS Open Beta 12.
Let us know your feedback on OxygenOs Open Beta 12 for OnePlus 3 in the comment section below.
SOURCE – Click here