Finally, the wait is over, the official Open Beta 8 Android 7.0 Nougat is now available for OnePlus 3 users. This update will all the Nougat features you are hoping for multi-window, tweaked settings design, like new notification designs, and direct replies within notifications. This update also includes status bar icons, “quick launch for 3rd party applications”, and more exciting stuff.
As this is not Over-the -air update, so you will have to download a.ZIP file from OnePlus and flash it. As this is in Beta version there many be some bugs. OnePlus said that there may be wonky functionality or many not work correctly. Also there may be some performance issues.
[button color=”” size=”” type=”square” target=”” link=”http://oxygenos.oneplus.net.s3.amazonaws.com/OnePlus3Oxygen_16_OTA_016_all_1611302306_cc5d2327b14247fd.zip”]Download OxygenOS Open Beta 8 Android 7.0 Nougat[/button]
Install OxygenOS Open Beta Android 7.0 Nougat on OnePlus 3
- Download OTA .ZIP file above Link.
- Copy the downloaded ZIP file to Phone’s root drive.
- Navigate to Settings –> System Updates –> Click on Gear Icon in the top right corner –> Choose “Local Upgrade”. (Then update file will appear if you have pasted the Zip file in correct location)
- Tap Install
1. Enable ‘USB debugging’ option from Settings –> Developer options –>. (To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.)
3. Extract the .Zip file
4. Copy the Extracted files to folder where adb installed.
5. Restart the OnePlus 3 into recovery mode. (To do that First turn your phone off, Now press and hold volume down + power button until you see the stock recovery.)
6. In recovery, choose “Install from USB” option in the recovery screen, tap OK to confirm. A screen with “You are in sideload mode” will be displayed.
7. Connect your OnePlus 3 to PC/Mac and issue the following command in command prompt /terminal.
“adb sideload <filename>”
“/adb sideload <filename>"
8. Wait a while, your phone should now update to the selected build and reboot automatically to take you into OxygenOS.
Let us know your feedback in comment section below.