Motorola Moto G5S smartphone was launched in August 2017 along with Moto G5s Plus. It came out of the box with Android 7.1 Nougat. Are you looking for the Stock ROM for Moto G5S? then, you are at the right place. Now you can install the Stock firmware on your device by following our instructions. Here I will guide you to install official stock ROM on Moto G5S smartphone.
- Download Install NPP26.102-49 October Security Patch for Moto G5S (montana)
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Moto G5S and G5S Plus
- Motorola Moto G5S Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update
This guide is simple and easy to follow. We have listed the Official Stock ROM for Moto G5S below. Download the required file to either upgrade or downgrade your Moto G5S. This guide is followed by a software known as ADB and Fastboot method which is simple and easy. You can just flash the firmware on Moto G5S using the ADB and Fastboot command. Follow the steps carefully to flash the firmware on Moto G5S using the guide.
Full Credits to the XDA Senior member lohanbarth, for sharing the Full Firmware download link along with clear instructions on How to install the firmware on our device.
We ask you to read the steps before doing something wrong. READ READ READ!! Once you are done! Now you can download the USB Drivers, ADB and Fastboot tool, and the stock ROM from the below Pre-Requisite note.
Table of Contents
Guide To Install Official Stock ROM On Moto G5S (montana)
Download the ROM which we have listed in this table below. This guide is helpful to those who are looking to Downgrade or upgrade your smartphone. You can anytime flash the stock ROM on Moto G5S. This guide is also helpful to unbrick the phone (revert back from death), you can install the Stock Firmware build to revert back to old version also. Also if you feel your Moto G5S lag or has an issue, then flash the stock firmware from the list below and save from situation. Stock Firmware doesn’t void a warranty on your Moto G5S.
Here are below of Android 7.1 Nougat firmware Update for Moto G5S. To install the Stock Firmware on Moto G5S, Please follow the guide and download the ROM, USB Drivers and ADB and fastboot tool on your computer. This guide is for How to Install Stock ROM on Moto G5S smartphone.
Moto G5S Specification:
Talking about the Specs, Moto G5S features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 and Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 coupled with 3GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Moto G5S comes with 13MP Rear Camera with phase detection autofocus and LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera with LED flash.
Moto G5S runs on Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box with a Removable Li-Ion 2,800 mAh battery with Fast battery charging. It also has a Fingerprint sensor on the front. The handset supports dual sim with 4G in both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, WiFi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
The Advantage Of Stock Firmware:
- Flash Stock To Unbrick your Moto G5S
- Flash Stock ROM to Fix the boot loop problem
- Upgrade and Downgrade Moto G5S
- Unroot or Fix Bugs on your phone
- To fix the lag or stutter on Moto G5S
- By flashing Stock ROM, you can solve software problems.
- Revert back to stock to gain your warranty.
READ THIS CAUTION:
So before jumping into the manual upgradation setup, please make sure you have a good amount juice with at least 80% Charge. If not please charge the phone. Backup your phone in case if you need it later. If you brick the device we are not responsible. Do it at your own risk. Remember this guide is to update Stock ROM on Moto G5S.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices
- Download Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools Zip
- Download the Motorola Device Driver
- Charge your phone for at least 70%
- Backup your device just in case if you need it later
- You need either Laptop or PC
Required ROM Files
Download NPP26.102-49 Zip File – October Security
- First of all, Unlock the bootloader on your phone. If your device is already unlocked, then skip this step.
- Now Install and Setup the ADB Fastboot on your PC.
- Move the downloaded Moto G5S firmware to adb fastboot folder.
- Now boot your Moto G5S into bootloader mode by turning the phone off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN + POWER button simultaneously for few seconds until you see the bootloader menu on your phone screen.
- Once you are in the bootloader menu.
- Connect your Moto G5S to PC using USB Cable
- Open the ADB Folder where you extracted the firmware file.
- In the adb folder, hold the SHIFT Key (keyboard) and click the Right-click button (mouse) on any empty screen inside the ADB Folder.
- You will be seeing this option to open the command window.
- Once you see the command screen, now you can type the below command one by one on your PC.
mfastboot getvar max-sparse-size mfastboot oem fb_mode_set mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin mfastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn mfastboot erase modemst1 mfastboot erase modemst2 mfastboot flash dsp adspso.bin mfastboot flash logo logo.bin mfastboot flash boot boot.img mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4 mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5 mfastboot flash oem oem.img mfastboot erase cache mfastboot erase userdata mfastboot erase DDR mfastboot oem fb_mode_clear mfastboot reboot
- Congrats, you have completed the process to Install Stock ROM Update on Moto G5S (montana).
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Stock Firmware on Moto G5S (montana). If you have any queries or feedback, please leave your comment down below.