Post last updated on 16th January 2018: Good News for Sony Xperia Z Tablet (LTE & WiFi) (pollux & pollux_windy) users. Lineage OS builds have finally released the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Sony Xperia Z Tablet. Now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Sony Xperia Z Tablet. Follow the below given guide on How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Sony Xperia Z Tablet.
We had already shared some custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z Tablet, So check out this link to install Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z Tablet. If you are here for the first time, then read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM.
After Cyanogen closed down the company and even all the services including CyanogenMod, a new LineageOS was born by rebranding the CyanogenMod and the company has started developing the new ROM for couple of devices including Nexus Brand and Other supported OEM. The Company behind LinlgeageOS has started rolling the official Lineage OS 14.1 for couple of devices in the first phase. In their Official Blog, Lineage OS has stated that the official builds are planned for more than eighty devices.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Sony Xperia Z Tablet
How to Install Official Lineage OS 14.1 On Sony Xperia Z Tablet
In this guide we will guide you on how to install Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Sony Xperia Z Tablet. Lineage OS is remake of the earlier released CyanogenMod 14.1 aka CM14.1. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat which bundles with couple of extra feature integrated from CM14.1 and Nougat itself. The ROM is in experimental and Nightly build which may have few bugs but can be used as a daily drive without any problem.
If you are coming from CM14.1 aka CyanogenMod 14.1, the developer has made the migration from CM13 or CM14 with hassle free by developing the Experimental data migration builds. So now you can install the Official Lineage OS 14.1 on Sony Xperia Z Tablet without performing factory reset. In the experimental build, developer has created a Ugly watermark reminding the users not to use the experimental build has a daily drive, but should treat has a stepping stone for migrating Lineage OS. To enjoy the LineageOS we recommend you to either flash the Nightly build or Weekly build.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1.2 Nougat and its feature?
Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- Top 10 WhatsApp Alternatives for Android in 2017
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- Top 5 BitTorrent Client Apps for Android
- How to find Wi-fi Password in Android and iOS
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- This will work on Sony Xperia Z Tablet (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Sony Xperia Z Tablet
- Download and Install Lineage OS 15 For Sony Xperia Z Tablet
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia Z Tablet (LTE & WiFi)
Here is the Full Guide on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Sony Xperia Z Tablet:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia Z Tablet
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 14.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery , Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Lineage OS 14.1 (LTE – pollux)
Lineage OS 14.1 (WiFi – pollux_windy)
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 14.1 on your smartphone. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.