Xposed is an application for root devices that permits you to install modules to modify your device. The Xposed framework’s essential rationale is to get all customization and components you found on a custom ROM to your Stock ROM. You can likewise utilize Xposed with custom ROMs, and not each ROM has all elements, and everybody has distinctive perspectives on customization. So you can pick the modules you adore and get your very own customization. Xposed framework is for those individuals who need to remain with stock ROM yet need some framework level changes in their devices.
Xposed framework modules can add custom tiles to the power menu, include status bar customization, notification drawer, include a screen route bar; you can also use a multi-window to utilize two applications on one screen. It can also use all in one tweaking module like a Gravity box or Xblast apparatus. These are some files to download before we proceed with how to introduce the Xposed structure on Android Marshmallow/cm13.
How to install the Xposed framework
First, make sure you have enabled the ‘Unknown Sources‘ option. You find it here in Settings –>Security –>Unknown sources.
Install an app called ‘Hardware Info’ from the play store. Click on the processor in the app. It will show which type of processor is installed in the device.
- Depending on the type of processor, there are three different versions of the Xposed framework. Download the suitable framework zip and Xposed installer for your device and move the files to your SD.
- Reboot your device into Recovery mode. For most of the phones, its a combination of ‘Power +Volume down.’ For some devices, it’s ‘Power + volume up’ and for some, ‘power + home + volume down’ button.
- In recovery, if you are using TWRP, click ‘Install‘ and select the zip file you downloaded from above. In my case its ‘Xposed-v78-sdk23-arm.zip’
- Simply swipe the slider and select wipe cache/Dalvik and reboot your device. At first boot, it will take some time, so be patient.
- Now install the Xposed installer and open the app after installation. Go to the framework, and you see that the Xposed Framework version 78 is active. This means you install the Xposed framework on the Android 6.0 marshmallow/cm13 device successfully. Now move to the download section and start browsing modules you love.