Apple’s CarPlay standard allows a car radio or head unit to display and control an iOS device. IOS 7.1 or later is available on all iPhone models, starting with the iPhone 5. CarPlay is being used by all major vehicle manufacturers, according to Apple’s website. A CarPlay system allows users to access information stored on their iPhone when connected via the iPhone’s Lightning port or wirelessly in some cars, such as contacts, music playlists, navigation maps, calendar events, etc., when connected to an in-dash system via the iPhone’s Lightning port or wirelessly in some cars.
CarPlay is almost completely setup-free because it pulls information from the iPhone. But, unfortunately, the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus CarPlay is not working. In the meantime, there is no potential cause for this issue. But don’t worry as we have some fixes to this problem. Therefore, if you find the CarPlay is not working in your iPhone 14 and 14 Plus, make sure to perform the fixes mentioned below.
Fix: iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Not Charging Issue
iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Internet Very Slow After Update; how to fix?
Fix: iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Bluetooth Not Discovering or Finding Devices
Fix: iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Bluetooth Not Working or Pairing
Fix: Apple Watch 8 Not Pairing With iPhone 11, 12, 13, and 14 Series
Fix: iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Keyboard Not Working or Showing Up
Fix: iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Stuck on Apple Logo Screen
- Why is iPhone 14 And 14 Plus CarPlay Not Working?
- How To Fix iPhone 14 And 14 Plus CarPlay Not Working
Why is iPhone 14 And 14 Plus CarPlay Not Working?
It is possible to connect your iPhone to CarPlay with a USB Lightning cable, depending on your vehicle. Your iPhone can also be paired wirelessly with your automobile if it has Bluetooth capability. There are several reasons why CarPlay may cease to work after being used routinely. You can expect them to include:
- It could be a faulty USB cable.
- Inability to detect iPhones.
- Bluetooth connectivity issues.
- Problems with iOS updates.
- Incompatibility problems.
How To Fix iPhone 14 And 14 Plus CarPlay Not Working
Fixing the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus CarPlay not working issue isn’t a big deal; you can easily resolve this problem using the fixes given below. For this reason, if you experience this problem, check out the troubleshooting steps below.
Fix 1: Restart your iPhone and CarPlay System
CarPlay on iPhone 11 can be resolved quickly and easily by restarting your iPhone and the CarPlay system. As a result, any subsequent processes causing the problem will be stopped, and normal operation will be restored.
The iPhone’s slider can be accessed by following these steps:
- Hold the power button until the menu appears.
- Swipe your iPhone to the right and turn it off.
- You can try reconnecting it again after restarting it for a few seconds if it doesn’t do so automatically.
Fix 2: Check Connections
You can do so if you wish to wirelessly sync up your CarPlay stereo or with a wired USB connection. Ensure that both the charger’s USB port and the iPhone’s USB port fit tightly into the car’s and iPhone’s ports, respectively. The cable should also be free of frays and breaks as sometimes this will be the potential reason why the CarPlay is not working for you. You might get better results if you try an alternative cable.
- You must enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in the iPhone’s settings to connect wirelessly.
- To activate Wi-Fi, open the options menu and select the Wi-Fi symbol.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on in the Settings menu by heading back to the Bluetooth settings.
- Lastly, connect your device to the car stereo using CarPlay.
- To use CarPlay in your vehicle, select your car stereo from the My Cars or Available Cars list in Settings > General > CarPlay.
Fix 3: Bluetooth Issue with CarPlay on Your iPhone
If your CarPlay is not working properly, you may need to troubleshoot your Bluetooth connection. If this happens to you, the first thing you should do is deactivate the Bluetooth on your iPhone, restart the phone, and then try out CarPlay again.
If your CarPlay isn’t working, check your Bluetooth settings and see if any old connections are interfering.
Fix 4: Reset and Update Your Vehicle’s Infotainment System
CarPlay not working issues can sometimes be caused by the infotainment system in your vehicle. The system should be reset and updated in this case. Your car should be turned off and restarted.
To do this, the system must be restarted and reset. Sometimes, this won’t work since turning off the car only puts it in sleep mode.
Fix 5: Deactivate USB Restricted Mode
USB Restricted Mode prevents hackers from accessing your data by connecting a USB device to the Lightning connector of your iPhone or iPad. Automatically disconnecting the USB data connection after a set amount of time is enabled by this feature.
- Go to Settings and tap the appropriate option if you no longer want to use Face ID or Touch ID on your iPhone.
- Select Allow Access When Locked and type your password.
- Once USB Restricted Mode is turned off, go to Settings > Devices > USB Accessories and toggle the ON switch.
- Despite your iPhone being locked, Lightning-based phone accessories will continue to function after you turn off this functionality. Nevertheless, disabling USB Restricted Mode can expose your iPhone to greater risks. It can be turned on when not in use and turned off when using CarPlay if that is more convenient for you.
Fix 6: Make Sure CarPlay is Enabled
The CarPlay system may sometimes be turned off accidentally and forgotten to be turned on. Therefore, you should make sure the CarPlay feature is enabled.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time > Privacy & Content.
- After that, scroll down the screen and remove any CarPlay restrictions.
Fix 7: Try Different USB Cables and Ports
It is possible that your devices won’t connect to CarPlay if you use a cable or USB that isn’t suitable. Make sure you are using the right cable.
If the problem persists after changing the USB port, you know the cable is not the cause. In most cars, Apple CarPlay can be used through several USB ports. It may be a good idea in such a case to try a couple of USB ports to see if that helps.
So, that’s how to fix the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus CarPlay is not working issue. We hope this guide has helped you. Nevertheless, if you have any doubts or queries regarding this topic, comment below and let us know.