There is no denying Apple’s iPhone 14, and 14 Plus models are the latest in the smartphone market, with advanced features and a sleek design. Some users have reported that their iPhones only display SOS on their screens, preventing them from using their devices. This article will examine the causes of the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Showing SOS only problem and possible solutions.
What Are The Causes of This Issue?
iPhones have the SOS feature that enables users to call for help in case of an emergency. To activate this feature, hold the volume and side buttons on the device until the Emergency SOS slider appears. The SOS screen, however, appears to be the only thing the iPhone displays for some users, and no other commands are responding.
It is possible that this issue is caused by a number of factors, including:
- Software glitch: There is a possibility that the iPhone might get stuck on the SOS screen as a result of a software glitch. It could be caused by a software update that was not installed correctly or by a system bug.
- Hardware malfunction: An iPhone displaying the SOS screen could also be due to a hardware malfunction. Damaged side buttons, volume buttons, or hardware problems may cause this problem.
- Battery issues: If the battery is low or completely depleted, the iPhone may become stuck on the SOS screen.
How to Fix iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Showing SOS only
It’s possible to resolve the “SOS Only” screen issue on an iPhone 14 or 14 Plus by following some steps.
Fix 1: Force Restart The Device
To resolve various software issues on an iPhone, force restarting the device can be used as a troubleshooting step. For the iPhone 14 or 14 Plus, force restarting is slightly different than for earlier models, so following the steps correctly is important.
Here’s how to force restart an iPhone 14 or 14 Plus:
- Hold the volume up button for a few seconds and then release it.
- Hold down the volume down button and release it.
- Hold the side button down when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
After the Apple logo appears, the iPhone should have restarted, and you should no longer see the SOS message.
When experiencing software problems, a force restart will not erase any data or settings from the device. It may be necessary to try other solutions, such as checking for software updates or resetting the device if the issue persists after a force restart.
Fix 2: Check For Software Updates
Another solution to a display that shows only SOS on an iPhone 14 or 14 Plus is checking for new software updates. If the operating system contains bugs or glitches causing the problem, a software update may fix them. On an iPhone 14 or 14 Plus, follow these steps to see if there are any software updates available:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Click on General.
- Tap on Software Update.
You can install any updates available when the device checks for available updates. Follow the instructions on-screen to install a software update if it is available. To ensure your iPhone is functioning optimally and to resolve any issues that may arise, you should update its software regularly.
You may need to take the device to an Apple Store or authorized repair center if the issue persists after trying these steps.
Fix 3: Reset The Device
Resetting the iPhone 14 or 14 Plus is another way to fix the issue of the SOS screen appearing on the iPhone 14 or 14 Plus screen. You should back up any important data before resetting since it will erase all content and settings. You can reset an iPhone 14 or 14 Plus by following these steps:
- You need to go to Settings.
- Click on General.
- Click on Reset.
- Click “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Tap “Erase iPhone” to confirm the reset.
In some cases, the reset process may take several minutes to complete. Afterward, you must reset the device and restore any backup data.
You should only consider resetting the device if other solutions, such as checking for software updates or force restarting the device, haven’t worked. If the issue persists, taking the device to an Apple Store or an authorized repair center may be necessary for further assistance.
Fix 4: Get The Device Repaired
Suppose you cannot resolve the issue of an iPhone 14 or 14 Plus showing only the SOS screen by other methods, such as force restarting the device, checking for software updates, or resetting the device. In that case, you might want to consider getting the device repaired. iPhone 14 or 14 Plus can be repaired in several ways, including:
- Apple Store: You can get support and repairs for Apple products, including the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus, at the Apple Store. Apple may cover the repair depending on whether the device is still under warranty. It is possible to schedule an appointment to evaluate and repair the device at an Apple Store or an authorized repair center.
- Authorized Repair Center: Apple products, including the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus, is repaired at authorized repair centers. They use genuine Apple parts and are authorized to repair Apple devices.
- Third-Party Repair Shop: If you’re considering a third-party repair shop, be cautious because they can be less expensive than Apple Stores or authorized repair centers. It is possible for third-party repair shops to use inferior or counterfeit parts, which can damage your device or void its warranty.
It is important to take the device to an experienced and reputable repair professional so that the issue can be resolved and the device can function normally.
To conclude, if your iPhone 14 or 14 Plus is showing only the SOS screen, you can force restart it, check for software updates, reset the device, and repair it. For further assistance, take the device to an Apple Store or authorized repair center if the problem persists after trying these steps. So, that’s how to fix iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Showing SOS only issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Furthermore, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.