Apple iPhone 14 and 14 Plus are surprisingly good smartphones packed with great hardware. Not just the hardware but the software they ship with is also impressive. But they are still a piece of tech and may run into problems just like any other phone. Several iPhone 14 and 14 Plus users have recently reported that the device is stuck on the Apple logo screen.
Some Affected iPhone 14 and 14 Plus say the issue started after trying to install the latest iOS update. If you were also doing the same, probably the update has failed. It can occur when the internet has stopped, the device has insufficient storage, or due to software bugs. For some users, a normal reboot has triggered the issue.
If your iPhone 14 or 14 Plus is stuck on the Apple logo and can’t get past this screen, you are on the right page. In this guide, we will help you figure out what is causing issues with your iPhone booting process and the ways to fix it.
- Reasons Why Your iPhone 14 or 14 Plus Is Stuck on Apple Logo Screen
- iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Stuck on Apple Logo Screen, How to Fix?
- Wrapping It Up
Reasons Why Your iPhone 14 or 14 Plus Is Stuck on Apple Logo Screen
Before quickly jumping onto the solutions, let me take you through a list of potential causes that could be causing the issue on your Apple iPhone. It will help you better understand the problem and troubleshoot it more effectively.
- iOS Update has failed: A failed iOS update is one of the most common reasons an iPhone gets stuck on the Apple logo. Fortunately, you can fix it without taking your iPhone to a technician.
- You’ve tried jailbreaking your iPhone: While jailbreaking your iPhone gives you plenty of options to customize the device, it can bring many issues. After multiple failed jailbreaking attempts, the device could run into serious problems, including the stuck-on Apple logo issue.
- Software bugs: Your iPhone 14 or 14 Plus may have software bugs causing issues with device boot-up. Probably, it’s not allowing the device to get past the Apple logo screen.
- Hardware damage: Your Apple iPhone is not booting up because it may have damaged hardware. Perhaps the screen is not functioning well.
iPhone 14 and 14 Plus Stuck on Apple Logo Screen, How to Fix?
Despite leaving your Apple iPhone for hours, it is still stuck on the Apple logo, there are ways to recover it. In most cases, you do have to rush to the Apple service center. Try the solutions below one by one until you find the one that works for you.
Fix 1: Force Restart Your Apple iPhone
The best workaround that is selling out success to most iPhone 14 and 14 Plus involves performing a force restart. Whether your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo screen or any screen, force restarting the device can help you recover it quickly.
To force restart your Apple iPhone 14 or iPhone 14 Plus, press and release the volume up button. Now, press and release the volume down button. Quickly press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo. It can take about 10 seconds.
When you see the Apple logo, release the side button and wait for the device to reboot. Do not press any other button until the iPhone successfully boots up.
If the device fails to get past the Apple logo screen, don’t worry! We have a couple of more effective solutions that should do the job.
Fix 2: Restore Your iPhone 14 in Recovery Mode
If your Apple iPhone is still stuck on the Apple logo screen, restoring the device to recovery mode can help you fix it. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Connect your iPhone 14 to a computer via a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes.
- Grab your iPhone and press and release the volume up button.
- Now, press and release the volume down button.
- Press and hold the side button until you see the connect to iTunes screen on your computer.
- On the pop-up screen, you’ll see three options: Restore, Update, and Cancel. Tap on Update.
iTunes will now try to reinstall the latest iOS on your iPhone without any data loss.
After the process is complete, your iPhone 14 or 14 Plus should get past the Apple logo screen.
If the process stops midway or does not run at all, make sure you’re using an original Apple USB cable and both ends of this cable are firmly attached. Also, you can try updating iTunes first and then follow all the steps.
If your iPhone is still stuck on the Apple logo screen, choose the “Restore” option. It will delete all data from your iPhone. So, think twice before going for it.
Fix 3: Restore Your iPhone in DFU Mode
Restoring your iPhone in DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode can help you fix various software issues on your iPhone such as the Stuck Apple logo problem.
This solution will completely install a fresh copy of iOS on your Apple iPhone. Hence, your data will completely wipe off. When you are okay with losing all your data, go ahead. Otherwise, skip to the next solution.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Connect your iPhone 14 to a computer via a USB cable.
- Launch iTunes on your computer. (Make sure the latest version is installed)
- On your iPhone, press and release the volume up button.
- Now, press and release the volume down button until the screen goes black. (Do not release the side button)
- While holding the side button, press and hold the volume down button for 5 seconds.
- Release the side button and continue holding the volume down button until you see iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode pop-up window on your computer.
- Click “OK” on your computer and select “Restore iPhone” in iTunes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish restoring your iPhone.
Once the process is complete, you should not see your iPhone getting stuck on the Apple logo screen again.
Fix 4: Use a Third-Party Software
If you do not have enough time or do not want to go through all the steps we have mentioned in the above solutions, you can use third-party tools that will restore your iPhone in a single click.
There are dozens of iPhone recovery tools in the market, but the one we’ve found to be working for many users is Tenorshare ReiBoot. It’s available for both Windows and macOS. Download and install the software, connect your iPhone, and check if it can fix the stuck-on Apple logo screen problem.
Fix 5: Contact Apple Support
If none of the solutions worked out in your favor, perhaps there are hardware problems for which you need to get in touch with Apple support. If your iPhone is still covered under warranty, go to the nearest Apple-authorized service center to get it repaired.
Wrapping It Up
It’s just bad to see an iPhone getting stuck on the Apple logo screen. Fortunately, there are ways to quickly recover your iPhone which we just went through in this guide. We hope one of the solutions mentioned above helped you fix the iPhone 14 and 14 Plus stuck on the Apple logo screen problem.